Gource

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
WeirdSexy

Gource

Post by WeirdSexy »

Hey guys, sudden change in plans for me. I'm going to be out of town, without internet access, on New Years. I will not be able to make a gource video from a git clone of that day. Is there anyone else that would be able to do it?

My best friend has a nice computer and will be in town, I could persuade him to try to do it. But I have a feeling that he might not get around to it. It would be better if someone here that knows they could do it, would do it.

We still are not settled on the music, I say the DnB heads here pick something for it. I'm not much help there.

My last experience recording proved slightly problematic. General tips:

Do a short sample recording(s) to figure out what you have to do to get a recording with the correct resolution first. Recording windowed (not fullscreen) with part of the video off screen or in the background caused resolution issues. I can't remember if recording fullscreen at a lower-than-native resolution was problematic.

Once you are ready to record, get gource running at the correct speed (this is for you to decide), start recording, then drag the playback slider back to the beginning and let it record all the way through. You'll have to edit the first little bit out, but we won't have an awkward stretch at the beginning of the video where you are trying to adjust gource to a comfortable speed.

Of course, record at a 16:9 aspect ration like 1280x720 or 1920x1080 and aim for 30 FPS if possible.

Anyone feel up to it?

EDIT: Suddenly another sudden change of plan. I'll be available. We still need to settle on music.
Zedd

Re: Gource

Post by Zedd »

Good to hear you can still do the video.
Personally, I don't care much for the music, and because the whole PR-team seems to be offline, I'd settle on your choice.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

I trust your decision.
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

Good job on the video, I love it, so do the fans it seems :).
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Thanks! Also, thanks to whoever changed the title, that's much better!
raevol

Post by raevol »

Finally got a chance to watch this, it's so cool! Also good choice on the music. ;)