Wanher Application

Join the team. This area is for people who want to participate in OpenMW's development in one way or another.
wanher

Wanher Application

Post by wanher »

Hey Everybody,
As you guessed it, i am new to this project. You can call me wanher; i am an intermediate c++ developer and eager to contribute to this project and expand my knowledge in that process. Clearly, with Christmas, New Year and the End of the world (Jk) just a few days ahead of us, i may not be able to spend much time writing code but mostly setting up my environment. By the way, I've so far had lot of issues following the directions on the Windows Development Environment set up and wrote a post called "Environment Set Up" asking for clearing instructions. so please, send anyone you might know, that successfully compiled this project in Windows read my post. Back to my Intro, once the Holidays are over, i am hoping to have my environment all set and spend about 15hrs weekly on this project. Of course, i may need direction at first at least knowing what are some good tasks i can pick up to get me going. Anyways, i am going to keep it short and looking forward to join the team for an exciting OpenMW adventure. Thanks
ElderTroll

Re: Wanher Application

Post by ElderTroll »

Welcome to the team Wanher and hope the world doesn't explode/implode in the following days, because an additional 15 hours a week will be a great help. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any advice on setting everything up, but if our documentation for windows is lacking maybe you could update it.
wanher

Post by wanher »

Absolutely, the first thing i will be doing is to go over the wiki and update to entire documentation for the Windows environment set up. but before i can do so, i have to get it to work on my machine. Is the person that initially wrote that section still part of the team ? i'd like to get in touch with him and ask him what he meant.
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

I have no idea to be honest, and giving a quick look to the wiki history of that page it looks like it was written by several devs and it also seems about 1 year since the windows version was written...
gus

Post by gus »

These informations are simply outdated, and I don't think a single person wrote them. There were some (big) changes in the build system, and the window part of the wiki wasn't updated (I believe the windows section wasn't really updated since I arrived, which means for two 2 years). Anyway, we should wikify Ace post.

I'm a windows dev too, and to be fair, openmw can be a pain. CMake never perfectly worked for me, and i've to do some hack in order to get it compile. But if you have any question, go to our IRC Channel ;)

PS: welcome!