OpenMW 0.20.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
WeirdSexy

Re: OpenMW 0.20.0

Post by WeirdSexy »

...nevermind...

EDIT: video might take a wee bit longer
Last edited by WeirdSexy on 16 Dec 2012, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

WeirdSexy wrote:Video will be uploaded by the end of the day, but it might be after you boys in Europe go to bed ;)
+1 :lol:
raevol

Post by raevol »

Next release draft:
The OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.20.0! Release packages for Ubuntu are now available via our Launchpad PPA (https://launchpad.net/~openmw/+archive/openmw). Release packages for other platforms are available on our Download page (https://code.google.com/p/openmw/downloads/list). This release brings a near-complete implementation of the dialoque system, visual player race changes in character creation, and many other fixes and improvements.

Known Issues:
- Extreme shaking may occur during cell transitions for some users (enable anti-aliasing as a possible workaround)
- The disposition implementation is severely broken and will give wrong numbers in many cases

Changelog:
- Implemented all missing dialoque filters
- Implemented Mercantile skill
- Implemented Persuasion dialogue
- Initial implemetation of AI package classes
- Implemented 2nd layer for Global map
- Player race now changes visually during character creation
- Fixed Cell reloading when using teleport doors that link to the same cell
- Animations now stop when the game is paused
- Fixed "0 a.m." to display as "12 a.m."
- Fixed text persisting in the "name" field of the potion/spell creation window
- Fixed starting date of new games
- Fixed console window close behavior
- Fixed container window formatting to better accomodate long item names
- Fixed some topics not automaticaly being added to the known topic list
- Fixed automove working despite DisablePlayerControls being set
- Fixed rest dialogue opening again after resting
- Fixed double removal of ingredients when creating potions
- Various engine code and scripting improvements
Any input appreciated! I'm going to wait for approval (and the video) for doing this release, and I will be out of the house for about 8 hours in about 2 hours, so the release may not go up until tomorrow.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Also waiting for an OS X release package...
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Can someone check to see if the journal is broken for them? I was half-way through the main quest when I realized that nothing was showing up in mine. I'm having trouble getting the game to update when I've completed an objective as well (Like getting information from someone or killing someone). Although, that didn't happen any until after I was forced to manually advance a quest stage, I could have messed something up with that.
Zini

Post by Zini »

@WeirdSexy: I can confirm that nothing is showing up in the journal. No idea at what point that broke. Haven't tried for ages. Too bad that no one has noticed that during testing. But it is too late to fix it now.

@raevol: Looks good, but we have one additional regression. The journal UI seems to be broken (doesn't update).
corristo

Post by corristo »

WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Resting/Waiting doesn't work for me either. Sorry this is taking so long; I had a few snags IRL yesterday and am having a bit of a rough time capturing the MQ. It is needed though, the rest of the video isn't much more than a minute long. Once I'm done it will be quick to tack on to the end. Then I can upload.

EDIT: Resting/Waiting works after using the console command "EnableRestMenu".
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

WeirdSexy wrote:EDIT: Resting/Waiting works after using the console command "EnableRestMenu".
You 'did' run the game with the --new-game flag, correct?

Edit: Confirmed. When is "enablerestmenu" supposed to be called during chargen?

Edit 2: It seems like it's calling "EnableRest" instead of "EnableRestMenu". "EnableRestMenu" is not actually a valid command in vanilla Morrowind, Zini. I'll add the issue to the tracker.

Edit 3: Done: Bug #507.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

BALLS.

I've had lots of issues getting quests to advance correctly. I've had to do some stages manually. One of the last was for the mission "Sixth House Base". When you kill Dagoth Gares (with the console, after talking to him), he doesn't curse you with Corprus and you don't get the "With his dying breath..." dialogue. I went back to Caius house to report (I issued the commands for the journal entry and to give myself Corprus after I was in the house, if that might make a difference). After I left Caius's house, I couldn't move! Collision on/off, enableplayercontrols, nothing fixed it so I had to exit. I'll try to get my game back to where I was with the console. But, playing through the main quest is not working as smoothly (at least for me) as we had thought. I think there might be more wrong with the journal than just displaying entries.

For many dialogue topics, you can continually click on them and you will get the same response (rather than the "I already told you that..." response that some topics have) and the "Journal updated" notification over and over. I don't know if this is a known issue.

EDIT: Greendogo, yes I run with the --new-game flag.

EDIT2: This is what I'm getting in the console that is making it impossible for me to move

Code: Select all

Error in framelistener: unknown Ogre handle: Unnamed_14700
EDIT3: Well I got past the freezing issue by never issuing Journal commands for "A2_2_6thHouse" or giving myself Corprus. I'll check later to see if it was just the Corprus giving me problems. Now there's this issue of Divayth Fyr being dead... I know this has been reported before. Easy enough to work around, but it looks bad on camera.