Morrowind Modding Interview

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
raevol

Re: Morrowind Modding Interview

Post by raevol »

Finally got to watching all of this. I kind of wish this had been an interview with Zini and one other person on the OpenMW team, because Zini is a bit too humble to talk about how pivotal he has been to this project's success. Other than that, fun interview, no real new information for people who have been following this project for a while, but awesome to see the project getting some spotlight!
Darkelfguy

Post by Darkelfguy »

Hey all, just thought I'd stop by here and thank Zini again for a great interview. I'd also love to get some more people from OpenMW on the interview series sometime, and we're also planning to start a podcast series with multiple modders from around the community in the not-so-distant future, so if you guys have any recommendations on who to interview, I'd love to hear them! :)
raevol

Post by raevol »

Darkelfguy wrote:I'd also love to get some more people from OpenMW on the interview series sometime, and we're also planning to start a podcast series with multiple modders from around the community in the not-so-distant future, so if you guys have any recommendations on who to interview, I'd love to hear them! :)
If you want some of the down-and-dirty details of the OpenMW code implementation, scrawl is the man to go to!
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

raevol wrote:
Darkelfguy wrote:I'd also love to get some more people from OpenMW on the interview series sometime, and we're also planning to start a podcast series with multiple modders from around the community in the not-so-distant future, so if you guys have any recommendations on who to interview, I'd love to hear them! :)
If you want some of the down-and-dirty details of the OpenMW code implementation, scrawl is the man to go to!
Sure, I'm down for an interview if you'd like.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

scrawl wrote:Sure, I'm down for an interview if you'd like.
+1 :)
TheMechanist

Post by TheMechanist »

scrawl wrote:
raevol wrote:
Sure, I'm down for an interview if you'd like.
+1
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I still demand that we support Python and/or Lua... watchout Zini, we might sneak that in on your.
Go crazy and use ECL or guile instead ;-)

Anyway, this was very good interview. And i think that scrawl interview would be very interesting as well.
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Noticed Scrawl did an interview which just now was published:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8-KiRqAvuo
Darkelfguy

Post by Darkelfguy »

Kind of surprised how fast you noticed the new interview was up. I do need to apologize for a mistake in the audio editing, as Scrawl noted there's a small audio loop at 30:40. We had to restart the same discussion points a few times due to connection issues and when I was doing the audio-editing, I just sort of missed that bit there.

In any event, now that we've done both Scrawl and Zini, is there anyone else we should interview from the OpenMW team in a future episode? I'm open to any and all suggestions! And yes, I've already sent Hrnchamd an interview request, in case anyone was wondering.
maqifrnswa

Post by maqifrnswa »

How about the Ashes of Apocalypse people? psi29a and travis?
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2691

It's going to be the first stand-alone, free-content, playable game/mod built on the openmw engine? It's very meta - a mod of a mod played on a reimplementation of an engine.