Landmass

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

ElderTroll

Landmass

Post by ElderTroll »

Do we have someone with the skills to make the landmass and heightmaps? I have seen on the Morrowind modders resource several landmasses that are placed inside the Morrowind map. One is a large island. Would it be possible to take just the user created landmass out? That would save a lot of time. We would have to go through and delete any art assets that are Bethesda owned out and replace them. What would be a more efficient method; work from the ground, or find an existing landmass and alter it for our needs?
Greendogo

Re: Landmass

Post by Greendogo »

The result would probably be better if we find someone who can do the heightmaps and the layout themselves.

I looked through the mod resources and nothing there really seemed to be appropriate for our needs. A lot of them already had MW specific models placed on them as well.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Wollibeebee indicated that Worsas has done heightmaps in the past. Worsas? Are you interested in heightmap work?
hircine

Post by hircine »

I have starting working on a heightmap, made from Greendogos island sketch.

Just looking for my MW install disc, as I can't get the CS anywhere online. :|
Steam doesn't ship it D:

will spend a little while on it tonight and see how I go. :)
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

TESCS fixed for Morrowind Steam GOTY edition v1601820
http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/42196
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

hircine wrote:will spend a little while on it tonight and see how I go. :)
Awesome, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Out of curiosity, have you ever made a heightmap before?
hircine

Post by hircine »

With Oblivion I have, Morrowind no. But I have a heightmap already working.
trying to setup a 'player' currently to view everything. But I don't know how and there needs to be a startup script or something. :/

Since I want to make a clean version, no MW data, there are a few things missing before I can view whats there. It locks up at inilization since there is no player and it doesn't know what to do!
Zini

Post by Zini »

You need to create an NPC ID with the ID "player". Are you trying to run it under OpenMW? Then there might be some useful info at the standard output that could give you some hints what is missing. Post the logs here, if you need help with deciphering them.

Technically, you do not need a startup script. You should however make sure to run OpenMW with the --start switch to specify a cell that actually exists.
hircine

Post by hircine »

Actually I was using Vanilla, within the time of my last post I have worked out what I need to do with having just a plain ESP by itself. (not loading MW.esm)

player npc
script called 'Main '
;move the player to particular cell in this script. I will DL the latest OpenMW and see how it behaves. :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Simply having a script called Main won't work. At least it won't with OpenMW. The script must be listed as a startup script.