Art assets

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

ElderTroll

Art assets

Post by ElderTroll »

The folks on the Bethesda forums are helping to suggest where we can find art assets. Here is the forum post. Soon we should make a detailed list of art assets needed and from what sources we can potentially find them. I can assist in this task.
Greendogo

Re: Art assets

Post by Greendogo »

Great!

Well, as I've been hashing this project out for some time, I've been able to piece together at least a few assets for certain things in the project.

First up is the town's buildings. Werd and I looked around quite a bit for some town buildings. We tried to track down a complete set of the buildings used in The Big City Mod, but alas the crypt models were the only ones available to us (which is what PVDK used in the Crypt). However, Haplo, administrator of Tamriel-Rebuilt, gave permission to use the Necrom building assets. I like this idea because they are complete (hopefully they have doors, but if they don't perhaps those will be simple to create or find replacements for).
We can get these assets from the most recent TR BSA file.
If there's another town/building set that has both exteriors AND interiors as well as doors, then I'm all ears. Otherwise, I'm happy with the Necrom set, as it'll be quick and easy, and it looks nice.

Second, Tarius said we could use the Ayleid meshes he made for P:C. This could be used for our dungeon, and I think this is a fantastic idea. How would we go about getting a copy of these assets Tarius? Do they have interior pieces as well?

Someone on the official forums suggested Taddeus' On The Rocks mod, which uses all rebuilt models of the vanilla rocks. I suppose this passes the requirement of needing to be free-to-use.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

We can also probably use any of Vurt's trees if we ask, which I'll do now. (edit: asked, now I wait for a reply)
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Vurt said yes :twisted:
hircine

Post by hircine »

We should look at getting Better bodies to replace character meshes and an animation replacer too!

I don't think the people behind BB are contactable, their site isn't up anymore.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

I agree about the better bodies idea, as long as we can figure out the animation situation. We also have the option of using a BB custom race (such as something made by westly), but standard BB would work fine as well.
leobloom

Post by leobloom »

Does kingpix post on these forums? He got permission to use BB in the Morrowind overhaul, so might know how to contact the creator.
I like the idea of using a custom race, it would help bring the game away from morrowind a bit. Westly's Exiles of Akavir looks very good.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Yes, Kingpix posts here. He's our translator for Italian. We should contact him for sure.

Edit: A user on the Bethesda forums was kind enough to direct us here to the modders resource.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/105700 ... ry15341566
Last edited by ElderTroll on 19 Aug 2012, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

We still need to get Westly's permission, but he has a ton of custom races to choose from.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

The guys on the official forums linked to this list of resources: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/105700 ... ry15341566

I found the Dock Side Clutter resource in the list, which should be helpful for our docks.