Demo game data

OpenMW's very own demo, template and game to show off everything that OpenMW is capable of.

Moderator: Example suite forum moderator

Okulo

Re: Demo game data

Post by Okulo »

Greendogo wrote:Indeed, I agree, open source projects never truly end.

Did some more work on the GUI today. Not happy with the target; the original game's target is so simple it's hard not to copy it outright.
You could change the length of the crosshair or give it a slightly yellowish tint. Add a dot in the middle. Make it an x shape. Or a broken square. Oh luxury problems.
ezzetabi

Post by ezzetabi »

I always loved a dark blue single dot as crosshair.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

Any news on the demo cell? I could request help from modders on the Bethesda and Nexus forums.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Nothing new as of yet. I had a list of some things I wanted to find meshes for. Though Haplo gave permission to use the Necrom building meshes, I still need to look through them and check whether they completely use different meshes at all levels, it would be a snag if they used 90% new meshes and 10% Bethesda meshes in the interiors or something.

Anyways, like I've said before, I'm still planning on doing this, but if someone does it before me, I'm not going to be unhappy or anything.

It would be awesome to do this with the future OpenMW Editor, so in some ways I've been waiting to see how that progresses, but that's not entirely necessary.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Greendogo wrote:Nothing new as of yet. I had a list of some things I wanted to find meshes for. Though Haplo gave permission to use the Necrom building meshes, I still need to look through them and check whether they completely use different meshes at all levels, it would be a snag if they used 90% new meshes and 10% Bethesda meshes in the interiors or something.

Anyways, like I've said before, I'm still planning on doing this, but if someone does it before me, I'm not going to be unhappy or anything.

It would be awesome to do this with the future OpenMW Editor, so in some ways I've been waiting to see how that progresses, but that's not entirely necessary.
Oh sheesh, just use the Ayleid meshes I made for Province: Cyrodiil. All of them are from scratch.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

I'll post around the Bethesdasphere. Do you have a list of things to be included and an idea of far much you have completed? That would be helpful. I'll direct anyone interested in the task to this thread.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

How does this sound? What other things would need to be included in the demo cell?
Hey everyone,

The OpenMW team is requesting help from the modding community to create a demo cell that will allow anyone, who does not yet own Morrowind, to test OpenMW. We hope this will boost our user/developer base and result in more people purchasing Morrowind and putting OpenMW to the test of running the original game.

The demo cell needs to:

- Be 100% free of Bethesda owned art assets.

-Be representative of game features
Containers, items, different light sources, non-loading doors, even and uneven terrain, water, swimming, creatures, NPCs, etc.

If you are willing to help, please visit this forum thread http://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=642 and acquaint yourself with the task, what's already done, who can be of help to you. Thanks for your time. Cheers to keeping Morrowind alive!
jvoisin

Post by jvoisin »

The materials used must be released under GPL-compatible license.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

What if they are a separate download and not bundled with OpenMW?
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

ElderTroll wrote:How does this sound? What other things would need to be included in the demo cell?
Hey everyone,

The OpenMW team is requesting help from the modding community to create a demo cell that will allow anyone, who does not yet own Morrowind, to test OpenMW. We hope this will boost our user/developer base and result in more people purchasing Morrowind and putting OpenMW to the test of running the original game.

The demo cell needs to:

- Be 100% free of Bethesda owned art assets.

-Be representative of game features
Containers, items, different light sources, non-loading doors, even and uneven terrain, water, swimming, creatures, NPCs, etc.

If you are willing to help, please visit this forum thread http://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=642 and acquaint yourself with the task, what's already done, who can be of help to you. Thanks for your time. Cheers to keeping Morrowind alive!
Nope dont have all that done yet. So I guess mine isnt good at the moment.