OpenMW launcher is in Russian since updating dev build

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
vividgamers20

OpenMW launcher is in Russian since updating dev build

Post by vividgamers20 »

Since updating to the latest dev build (5f926bd129), my OpenMW launcher has been displaying itself in Russian and I can't seem to find how to switch it back to English. Any idea how I can solve this and get the launcher to be displayed in English?
I can still run English Morrowind in OpenMW with mods and all.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-25 025033.png
AnyOldName3

Re: OpenMW launcher is in Russian since updating dev build

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The launcher will use the system locale if it's got support for the right language. If you want English instead of Russian, either set your OS to use English in preference to Russian, or, if there's some reason you don't want to do that, I guess it'd work if you deleted all the _ru.qm files from the resources/translations directory, although obviously they'll come back whenever you update OpenMW.
vividgamers20

Post by vividgamers20 »

Thanks for that. I'm not sure why it would use Russian, even though my OS is defaulted to English (US). I had to delete Russian from my languages list and that seems to have solved it.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I think I've figured out the root cause, and have opened https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/-/issues/7948