Open MW can't find ESPs that are enabled

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
WarlockCD

Open MW can't find ESPs that are enabled

Post by WarlockCD »

I've recently downloaded a bunch of mods and spent some time putting tether a mod list (It's not done, I still have conflicts to work out and incompatibilities to test) but when I try to play the game I'm told my Delta Merge Plugin is looking for files I absolutely have installed.
It's not the same one every time either. Ill boot it up and it'll ask for the esp for one mod, so ill move or disable or delete it if need be, then remerge and it just picks a different mod to call out.
I checked my config and everything is there, the only thing I do that isn't standard is I install with mod organizer 2 then export my list but the file paths are all set how they should be as far as I can tell. Interestingly if I launch the open mw launcher through MO2 I get a different error message than when I launch it on it's own but neither work

Launched through MO2:
Error Message
Error Message
File in MO2
File in MO2
Capture2.PNG (2.6 KiB) Viewed 480 times
File in OpenMW
File in OpenMW
Capture3.PNG (2.73 KiB) Viewed 480 times
Launched through OpenMW directly
Error Message
Error Message
Capture6.PNG
Capture6.PNG (1.69 KiB) Viewed 480 times
(The file also shows up in MO2 but I cant add anymore images)

My only possible thought is maybe it doesn't like that its all in subfolders in my MO2 mods folders but that doesn't really seem to make much sense since they show up in the config file and my directories tab in Open MW.
(E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Morrowind/Data Files) is set up for my Morrowind Data
I keep all my mods in a separate folder through, MO2 (F:/Modding/MO2/mods/insert mod here) and this shows in my data directories for every single mod I have.
I figured the exact load order wouldn't be the issue because it does this with a new file every time I try to fix it. It started with a really old mod that doesn't even work apparently so I just removed it thinking that was probably the issue but no, it just moved on to the next esp. In addition the only yellow warning symbol I see is on my Delta Plugin

Any help would be appreciated, and if I left out any important Info do let me know.
Last edited by WarlockCD on 06 Apr 2024, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
AnyOldName3

Re: Open MW fanct fins ESPs that are enabled

Post by AnyOldName3 »

If you're using MO2, because of a bug in MO2, you should only launch OpenMW and associated tools through MO2 if you're using Kezyma's OpenMW Player for MO2 (as it detects when you're doing that, and then cancels the operation and launches OpenMW outside MO2 instead with your exported setup). If you're using my exporter plugin instead, then you should definitely not run OpenMW through MO2 until the MO2 bug is fixed (which doesn't look like it's going to happen any time soon). Any weirdness you're getting when running things through MO2 is probably down to this.

Another thing that can cause problems is using tools that edit OpenMW's config files when OpenMW itself or the launcher is running.

The error you're getting about your delta merged plugin depending on a file that hasn't been loaded could either be down to the delta merged plugin not being the last content file in your load order, or because the list of content files in your config file has changed between when you ran delta plugin and when you ran the game.

One possibility might be that if you're using Kezyma's exporter, then it uses a different config file for each MO2 profile if you've got profile-specific INIs enabled in MO2. If you're not running delta plugin through MO2, or Kezyma's tool isn't detecting delta plugin as an OpenMW tool, then it'll see the default config, whereas everything else will see the profile-specific one.
WarlockCD

Re: Open MW fanct fins ESPs that are enabled

Post by WarlockCD »

I don't run Kezyma's tool. As for the exporter I haven't run it while it's open.
I've redone my delta plugin a handful of times just to be sure it's up to date.
I don't plan to play the game through MO2 but I did launch it through that to see if the issues persisted and they did but for a different file entirely as the pics show. would running it that way even just once break the whole thing?

Is it possible that in the process of cleaning some of my esps that they broke and no longer are being detected? I feel like that shouldn't be the case but I'm grasping at any possibility. I'd hate to have to redownload a bunch of stuff but I am willing to do so.

Is there any alternatives or advice for using MO2 just to install the mods and send them to config, should I use Kezyma's tool. Everything I found on the exporter tool said it worked just fine for them.
AnyOldName3

Re: Open MW can't find ESPs that are enabled

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It works for everyone else if they make the changes they want through MO2, then run my exporter, then run delta plugin outside of MO2, then run OpenMW outside of MO2. You're doing something on top of this that's causing the problem, but you've also listed loads of other things you've tried that could cause problems, so it's hard to tell what the specific thing that's causing the real problem is.