OAAB DATA help

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Hawksley

OAAB DATA help

Post by Hawksley »

Just installed OpenMW, complete noob to all this.

I'm trying to install OAAB DATA via Modding-OpenMW.COM but I'm not sure I understand all the usage notes entirely.

It says "Extract the 00 Core and 01 Epic Plants Patch folders from the main file", does this mean I only install these two? What if I'm not using Epic Plants? What about the rest of it?

Also "Create a folder called HD in the base mod data path and put the contents of the HD file into it." Where is the base mod data path? Is the Data Path just when you click into the main OAAB mod folder where 00 Core and 001 Epic Plants Patch is, do I just put HD file I made in there?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
FXN55

Re: OAAB DATA help

Post by FXN55 »

All you need from OAAB Data is what's within the 00 Core folder, with the exception of the MWSE (Morrowind Script Extender) folder and the OAAB_Data-metadata.toml file. The former contains scripts that are designed for and needed by the Morrowind vanilla engine and the latter is read by MWSE to provide the game some information about the mod.

Extract into your Morrowind directory wherever you have decided to place your mods. I'm on Linux so my OAAB Data installation looks like this: home/cog15/Morrowind/Data Files/Mods/OAAB Data v2.2.2. Inside of my 'OAAB Data v2.2.2' folder, I created another folder called 'Data Files' which is exclusive to OAAB Data and is where you need to extract '00 Core' into.

If you're not using the Epic Plants mod, you can disregard that patch. It's only one file anyways, a patched .nif file to ensure compatibility between OAAB Data and Epic Plants.

As for the OAAB HD folder, I don't use the high definition option so you may want to wait for advice from someone who does. But as I understand it, the 'base mod data path' is inside of the 'Data Files' folder, which contains meshes, textures, sound, icons, bookart and the OAAB_Data.esm. Just create the 'HD' folder in there, place the files within and see how it runs.

If it were me, being that the 'HD' option is nothing more than high definition texture replacements, I would backup first and overwrite the textures in the OAAB Data 2.2.2/Data Files folder and run it. But you're not me, so you'd better refrain.
Cl3v3rP0tat0

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

I don't use Epic Plants - so not applicable.
Here's what's in my OpenMW.cfg:

Code: Select all

data="/home/cl3v3r/.local/share/openmw/data/Section_Four/OAAB_Data/00 Core"
data="/home/cl3v3r/.local/share/openmw/data/Section_Four/OAAB_Data/06 Animated Containers"
data="/home/cl3v3r/.local/share/openmw/data/Section_Four/OAAB_Data (HD)"
Obviously my locations will be different than yours but you see that I am using the HD Textures and Core + Animated Containers ;)

My 260+ Mod List:
Spoiler: Show
FXN55

Post by FXN55 »

@Cl3v3rP0tat0:

So, OAAB_Data (HD) is a folder within your Section_Four folder alongside OAAB_Data rather than within?

And your locations are definitely different from mine. For me, .local/share/openmw/data is where the CS saves and stores .omwaddons. Interesting.

Anyways, thanks for chiming in.
Cl3v3rP0tat0

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

FXN55 wrote: 02 Nov 2023, 20:21 @Cl3v3rP0tat0:

So, OAAB_Data (HD) is a folder within your Section_Four folder alongside OAAB_Data rather than within?

And your locations are definitely different from mine. For me, .local/share/openmw/data is where the CS saves and stores .omwaddons. Interesting.

Anyways, thanks for chiming in.
Yeah - since OAAB HD requires the regular OAAB anyways, I just kept it separate - also makes it easier to "turn it off" if I need to.
HD Override for OAAB_Data (requires the main OAAB_Data file)
Since data folders always overwrite the stuff before them, it's a good thing to take advantage imo.
FXN55

Post by FXN55 »

Hey Hawksley, did that help you any?