Content List - over engineered(?) and confusing! Needs clarification maybe?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Cl3v3rP0tat0

Content List - over engineered(?) and confusing! Needs clarification maybe?

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

As an end-user I like to keep things clear and straight-forward - currently (I'm using 48 release) I am noticing that even though I make a custom Content List called "Active" the Launcher insists on putting its dated list name in place of mine. Now - I don't know what to make of that.

I set my mod build up, ran Navmesh under my new cloned list called "Active" - this was with the intent that my new play-through was all wrapped up and tied with a little bow. After Navmesh updated, I closed the launcher and when I came back later - the current content list was the dated one again - not my "Active".

:/

AnyOldName3

Re: Content List - over engineered(?) and confusing! Needs clarification maybe?

Post by AnyOldName3 »

We're sort of in the process of replacing the content list system with a profiles system based on the ability to use multiple config directories and switch between them that came with the changes to enable portable installs. It's already built into the engine, but the launcher isn't aware of it yet (and will make a mess if you use it having set up profiles manually).

Cl3v3rP0tat0

Re: Content List - over engineered(?) and confusing! Needs clarification maybe?

Post by Cl3v3rP0tat0 »

Thanks for reply and info! That makes sense - I will stop using profiles and stick with whatever dated content list is current according to launcher - which is default behavior. :)