Punibi Yahaz keeps falling down instead of staying on platform

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
vividgamers20

Punibi Yahaz keeps falling down instead of staying on platform

Post by vividgamers20 »

Punibi Yahaz (Gnisis Silt Strider) keeps falling down towards the river instead of staying on the platform.
I'm using the latest 0.49 dev build. Any idea what may be causing this?
AnyOldName3

Re: Punibi Yahaz keeps falling down instead of staying on platform

Post by AnyOldName3 »

The idle animation doesn't end in the same location as it begins, so silt strider drivers gradually drift off their platforms. The resetactors console command should put them back where they started, but you'll need a bug fix mod like Patch for Purists to stop them falling off again.
vividgamers20

Post by vividgamers20 »

I do have Patch for Purists and UMOPP installed, but it still happens.
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Most of the idle animation sliding issues were reduced a lot after openmw switched to double precision for boost.

I do remember there was a different issue with punibi yahaz though.

I can't find the issue/ commit / MR about it , but digging in my memory :

Some actors were postioned by the engine before the structure they're supposed to be standing on was drawn/present .
Simply put they were placed in the sky with nothing underneath, so they fell down .

A simple way to verify if this is your issue :
Travel to gnisis using the silstrider . Is punibi standing next to you on the platform ?
If not, you're facing that issue .

It was solved in trunk, not sure whether it requires openmw openscenegraph fork (which i'm using) .
vividgamers20

Post by vividgamers20 »

He was on the platform the first time I traveled to Gnisis, then he fell down.
I've run the resetactors command and that solved the issue. He hasn't fallen down again so far.
How would I get openmw openscenegraph fork?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

There are two libraries we've got where we've previously preferred a single-precision variant, and now prefer a double-precision variant. One is Bullet, which is a physics library we use for collision detection, and the other is OpenSceneGraph, which we use for rendering. Boost is a different library and doesn't do this kind of maths, so doesn't have separate double and single precision variants. As this is related to character movement, if it is related to this, it'll be Bullet, but we changed OpenMW so it will only work with double-precision Bullet a while ago. If you've got a recent build, which you do, it uses double-precision Bullet, otherwise it wouldn't even have compiled. You're therefore experiencing an unrelated problem.
vividgamers20

Post by vividgamers20 »

Thank you for your input. That explains my issue.
Though I also encounter an issue where Sinnammu Mirpal doesn't reappear in her Yurt after completing Ahemmusa Nerevarine. The same resetactors command resolved it. Any way to prevent this?