Morrowind Revalued

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Modrev01

Morrowind Revalued

Post by Modrev01 »

I am working on a overhaul mod for Morrowind \ OpenMW nearing completion. This mod aims to make more consistent and useful sense of the following data :

Item \ Enchant gold values
Item weights
Item naming scheme
Weapon damage
Weapon melee attack range (OpenMW only)
Projectile speed
Enchants

For instance, I noticed npc hand to hand combat can make contact despite the hand obviously not being able to reach the target. One aim of this mod is to fix this so that npcs \ creatures have to be close enough to hit the target i.e. without 4 feet of air between the attack and the target.

Currently, I cannot find a way to change the following :

Magicka cast projectile speed
Creature melee attack range
hand to hand attack range

Please tell me if this is possible and where to change it. Your help is much appreciated.
CloneTwo

Re: Morrowind Revalued

Post by CloneTwo »

I haven't done this in a while but if i remember correctly,
1. Magic speed is hardcoded, you can't change it
2. Melee range is dependent on the model of the creature, however you might be able to give the creature an invisible weapon to increase their attack range however the animations might look weird. There is the GMST fHandToHandReach, but i don't know if it works.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

The magic projectiles speed can be tweaked with fTargetSpellMaxSpeed.
Modrev01

Post by Modrev01 »

I have posted this mod (Morrowind Revalued) on Morrowind Nexus, this mod could be used, for instance, as a stand alone mod for OpenMW mutliplayer.

I hope it's useful, thank you for your help.