No free sources!

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Slissith

No free sources!

Post by Slissith »

Hey guys, it's me again :p

An error has come up where the game freezes and CTDs in Vivec. According to the log, it has something to do with "No free sources". Using version 0.45
Spoiler: Show
IMPORTANT: Currently playing openmw from an external, HDD drive.
AnyOldName3

Re: No free sources!

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I've grepped, and the "No free sources!" message comes from apps/openmw/mwsound/openal_output.cpp in case that puts someone else on the right track.

However, not all crashes log an error explaining what happened, so it's possible that something else caused it and this error message is completely unrelated.
Slissith

Post by Slissith »

Hey AnyOldName, thanks for the heads up!

I've searched for both "mwsound" and "openal.output.cpp" in my PC, haven't been able to find anything.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

That's really just a pointer for where another developer might want to start looking. There's not much that you could do with that information as a user. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Slissith

Post by Slissith »

No problem :) Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Cheers!
Slissith

Post by Slissith »

Hey guys, I solved the problem!

Turns out, the mod "Dynamic Morrowind Towns" was causing the problem.
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

If that mod was a problem, then perhaps this should be added to the not working list on the mod compatibility list? I know that we were keeping a list of mods that did or did not work for a while there

ST
Wasn't saying that you should enter this into the list, Slissith - I was going to do it myself. But while I can verify it is not listed at https://modding-openmw.com/ - I am not sure how to add it to the list
Slissith

Post by Slissith »

Hey Silent Thief!

Yeah, that's not a bad idea! Problem is, I don't know how to do that :p (and neither do you, it would seem!)

Additionally, I think this mod requires a bit more testing before we can conclude it'd cause problems in all games, etc

Cheers!