Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
ValkyrWarrior
Posts: 22
Joined: 09 May 2019, 00:40

Re: Android part 2

Post by ValkyrWarrior » 11 May 2019, 21:32

Laicus wrote:
11 May 2019, 07:55
ValkyrWarrior wrote:
11 May 2019, 07:13
Oh yes. Now the terrain stuff I know how to mess with and I can't believe I forgot about this.
And one more "optimization" of terrain :D

[Terrain]
vertex lod mod = -1
Done! I did some researching myself, added a bunch of tweaks like messing around with texture filtering and now the framerate is much more desirable: I don't think there's really anything else I can do.

Is Better Bodies and Better Heads a performance impact, by any chance?

borosky
Posts: 4
Joined: 05 Mar 2019, 23:11

Re: Android part 2

Post by borosky » 11 May 2019, 22:07

Hi guys, I'm running into an issue with the fonts not displaying in dialog windows on huawei m5 pad, pie, latest install /clean reinstall of the app.. Could this be caused by my morrowind build (vanilla atm)
Screenshot_20190511_230514_is.xyz.omw.jpg
Screenshot_20190511_230514_is.xyz.omw.jpg (79.23 KiB) Viewed 1047 times

xyzz
Posts: 149
Joined: 14 Jan 2018, 22:25

Re: Android part 2

Post by xyzz » 12 May 2019, 00:48

https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... 18-nightly
This is the new Nightly version of OMW. The Nightly version is a separate application that is updated to the latest OpenMW version. It uses a separate user configuration folder located at /sdcard/omw_nightly, however you can transfer your save data and configuration files between normal OMW and Nightly as you wish.

You can download Nightly builds from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mw_nightly

- Updated gl4es to 5ad06f591db5324dff5736c625184db90cd01b49
- Updated OpenMW to 004da855335b4056f7ab41cafc615facc7f3c53a

Sisah
Posts: 8
Joined: 07 May 2019, 14:06

Re: Android part 2

Post by Sisah » 12 May 2019, 12:56

Hello, where can i find resources folder? in android/data is no folder for omw and on sdcard is only config and saves.

gaialily
Posts: 8
Joined: 04 May 2019, 20:30

Re: Android part 2

Post by gaialily » 12 May 2019, 15:55

Hi,
Water shader are broken for me with the new nightly build.
I tried glesv1 and v2, tried reboot new settings, but it's the same. When I active shader water become white.
Can you check this?

pulion
Posts: 24
Joined: 26 Dec 2018, 07:45

Re: Android part 2

Post by pulion » 12 May 2019, 16:50

xyzz wrote:
12 May 2019, 00:48
https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... 18-nightly
This is the new Nightly version of OMW. The Nightly version is a separate application that is updated to the latest OpenMW version. It uses a separate user configuration folder located at /sdcard/omw_nightly, however you can transfer your save data and configuration files between normal OMW and Nightly as you wish.

You can download Nightly builds from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... mw_nightly

- Updated gl4es to 5ad06f591db5324dff5736c625184db90cd01b49
- Updated OpenMW to 004da855335b4056f7ab41cafc615facc7f3c53a
in the night version, the water shaders are really broken. Now it looks like this:
Screenshot_20190512-141540.jpg
Screenshot_20190512-141540.jpg (75.5 KiB) Viewed 990 times

xyzz
Posts: 149
Joined: 14 Jan 2018, 22:25

Re: Android part 2

Post by xyzz » 12 May 2019, 17:47

Sisah wrote:
12 May 2019, 12:56
Hello, where can i find resources folder? in android/data is no folder for omw and on sdcard is only config and saves.
The "resources" folder is now located at /data/data/is.xyz.omw/files/resources/
gaialily wrote:
12 May 2019, 15:55
Hi,
Water shader are broken for me with the new nightly build.
I tried glesv1 and v2, tried reboot new settings, but it's the same. When I active shader water become white.
Can you check this?
It should be fixed in the next nightly. As an aside, the water shader only works in gles2, not gles1.

Sisah
Posts: 8
Joined: 07 May 2019, 14:06

Re: Android part 2

Post by Sisah » 13 May 2019, 08:48

Please can you change that resource directory to omw folder on sdcard? /data is not acessible without root, i just wanna try edit some shader files.

xyzz
Posts: 149
Joined: 14 Jan 2018, 22:25

Re: Android part 2

Post by xyzz » 13 May 2019, 12:10

Sisah wrote:
13 May 2019, 08:48
Please can you change that resource directory to omw folder on sdcard? /data is not acessible without root, i just wanna try edit some shader files.
You can change path to resources in your user openmw.cfg.

sandy0099
Posts: 12
Joined: 21 Apr 2019, 12:43

Re: Android part 2

Post by sandy0099 » 15 May 2019, 04:58

since the latest version is stable enough may i suggest some misc improvements:
  • make it easier to walk. its hard to 'walk' on sensitivity of the left analog. most often i find myself 'slow running'(char draining fatigue while slow motion running) when i try to walk. you really have to be subtle to just 'walk'. so maybe increase 'walk' zone in center of the analog and remove that 'slow running mode' in between 'walk' and 'run'.
  • please allow gamma/brightness.
  • change the font color of fps display(f3). currently black is just not visible against even slightly dark background.

Post Reply