Quest NPCs Spawning in Before They're Supposed To.

Everything having to do with OpenMW's TES3MP branch.
zooanimalsonwheels

Quest NPCs Spawning in Before They're Supposed To.

Post by zooanimalsonwheels »

Hi Y'all,

New to the forum, but wanted to sign up because I've been having an issue that I haven't seen any posts about. I've been playing TES3MP for a little while and with the new build, I've noticed that quest-specific NPCs and even some world objects have been spawning into place before I've even begun said quests. For example: even though I've started a brand new server & character, I was able to hike over to Khartag Point & see the orc from Ghorak Manor as well as talk with the statue of Boethiah (which was stuck inside of the rock formation it's supposed to be carved out of) as well as receive Goldbrand. Fun stuff but not great for immersion obviously. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
AnyOldName3

Re: Quest NPCs Spawning in Before They're Supposed To.

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I've moved this to the TES3MP subforum as it's likely this is a TES3MP-specific issue. If you can recreate it in regular OpenMW, it can be moved back, but you're more likely to get help from someone who knows what's going on with it here.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

tes3mp doesn't run certain start scripts due to limitations of clientside scripting synchronization, it's not an openmw issue.

So many many things are not "initially disabled".
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

Capostrophic wrote: 04 May 2019, 23:27 tes3mp doesn't run certain start scripts due to limitations of clientside scripting synchronization, it's not an openmw issue.

That's not quite accurate. The start scripts can be run fine in TES3MP, but they're just not run by default because quest fixes have been out-of-scope for the default server scripts.

@zooanimalsonwheels, try running these commands in your ingame console window:

Code: Select all

startscript startup
startscript BMStartUpScript
zooanimalsonwheels

Post by zooanimalsonwheels »

davidcernat wrote: 05 May 2019, 09:47
Capostrophic wrote: 04 May 2019, 23:27 tes3mp doesn't run certain start scripts due to limitations of clientside scripting synchronization, it's not an openmw issue.

That's not quite accurate. The start scripts can be run fine in TES3MP, but they're just not run by default because quest fixes have been out-of-scope for the default server scripts.

@zooanimalsonwheels, try running these commands in your ingame console window:

startscript startup
startscript BMStartUpScript
That fixed the issue! Thank you so much for your help & apologies for originally posting this in the wrong forum.
Seldalore

Post by Seldalore »

Hi,

The Note to Amaya in Mehra Milo's quarters are also available, initially. Will the above method work in disabling it until the appropriate quest stage? A friend of mine accidentally read it and skipped a portion of the main quest for my server, which I'm hoping can be avoided (in all aspects), if there's a way.
Nomuk

Post by Nomuk »

Seldalore wrote: 06 May 2019, 02:01 Hi,

The Note to Amaya in Mehra Milo's quarters are also available, initially. Will the above method work in disabling it until the appropriate quest stage? A friend of mine accidentally read it and skipped a portion of the main quest for my server, which I'm hoping can be avoided (in all aspects), if there's a way.
Yes, I have this issue too.
Seldalore

Post by Seldalore »

I also just got grouped up on by every aspect of Hircine + Karstaag when making it to the end of Bloodmoon. Needless to say, there was no escape without console commands, then removing the data to reset the quest. :lol:
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Seldalore wrote: 15 May 2019, 15:47 I also just got grouped up on by every aspect of Hircine + Karstaag when making it to the end of Bloodmoon. Needless to say, there was no escape without console commands, then removing the data to reset the quest. :lol:
This sounds hilarious :lol: . Would like to see a vid of that

ST
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

Seldalore wrote: 06 May 2019, 02:01 Hi,

One of the lines in Morrowind's Startup script goes like this:

"bk_NoteToAmaya"->Disable
So yes.