Modding-OpenMW.com -- Source Code Release

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
ModdingOpenMWdotcom

Modding-OpenMW.com -- Source Code Release

Post by ModdingOpenMWdotcom »

Subject: Modding-OpenMW.com -- Source Code Release

Greetings!

It is with great pleasure that I announce the release of the source code that drives the modding-openmw.com website. Who is this for?

Users:

The public issue tracker is a great way for someone not involved on the code side of things to help out. Now, rather than emailing me, folks can add issues for anything that needs adding or changing. Found an issue? Want to add a mod? Open an issue and it will be on the roadmap.

Devs:

Help grow the site! There's plenty I'd like to do, perhaps more that I've not thought of, but alone it would take me several months to get to it all (maybe more.) Now anyone can peruse the issue tracker and take a stab at making a change.

Anyone else:

The license permits anyone to copy the code and modify it as they see fit, so beyond what I've described above anyone else can pretty much do whatever they want with the code (within the other points of the license.) Have fun!

What's next?

* I still have plans to release the deploy scripts that I use to actually put the website on a server. At that point anyone could run the script on a server of their own and boom, have a self-hosted version. I do not have an ETA for this, though.
* I'm open to the option of moving the code to gitlab if folks want that. They have a gitea import option so it shouldn't be a problem. The code has been on a gitea since its inception, which is why it's there today.
* I've been testing out two TES3MP servers, one modded and one vanilla. If enough people express a desire to play I'll prioritize releasing those.
* Aside from all that, my plan is to continue chipping away at the issues and grow the site. Come join me if you feel like it.

A final note:

I want to personally thank everyone who uses the site, suggested changes or pointed out a problem (or anyone who reached out in general), and last but not least everyone involved in OpenMW.

I go by johnnyhostile on IRC and Discord, please say hello if you feel like it. And have a nice day!
raevol

Re: Modding-OpenMW.com -- Source Code Release

Post by raevol »

Very cool!
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I go by johnnyhostile on IRC and Discord, please say hello if you feel like it.
So now I need to remember that two people I'm aware of are actually one person. At least it' not as embarrassing as finding out that someone you've vaguely known for years is actually a pair of twins.
ModdingOpenMWdotcom

AnyOldName3 wrote: 22 Apr 2019, 01:01
I go by johnnyhostile on IRC and Discord, please say hello if you feel like it.
So now I need to remember that two people I'm aware of are actually one person. At least it' not as embarrassing as finding out that someone you've vaguely known for years is actually a pair of twins.
I'm almost positive at one time I registered "johnnyhostile" here, but I lost the credentials and didn't feel like bugging anyone to get a password reset.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

PM me. :)
davidcernat

Post by davidcernat »

ModdingOpenMWdotcom wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 18:46 I go by johnnyhostile on IRC and Discord, please say hello if you feel like it. And have a nice day!
This has made it into my Top 10 Anime Plot Twists.
lysol

Post by lysol »

ModdingOpenMWdotcom

davidcernat wrote: 23 Apr 2019, 20:07
ModdingOpenMWdotcom wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 18:46 I go by johnnyhostile on IRC and Discord, please say hello if you feel like it. And have a nice day!
This has made it into my Top 10 Anime Plot Twists.
lysol wrote: 24 Apr 2019, 05:04 https://imgflip.com/i/2zbbqg
You guys made my day :D