Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
gc168

Re: Android part 2

Post by gc168 »

Hi xyzz, first of all, thank you for creating the Android port. I have had such a blast reliving old memories...amazing work!

I currently have the following esp/esm enabled:
ESPs - Adamantium Armor, Area Effect Arrows, Bitter Coast Sounds, Entertainers, Helm of Tohan, Master Index, LeFemm Armor and Siege at Firemoth.
ESMs - Patch for Purists @ https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45096

So Custom command line arguments are like this:
--content Morrowind.esm Bloodmoon.esm Tribunal.esm adamantiumarmor.esp AreaEffectArrows.esp bcsounds.esp entertainers.esp EBQ_Artifact.esp LeFemmArmor.esp master_index.esp SiegeatFiremoth.esp PatchforPurists-DialogueTypos.esm PatchforPurists-BasePatch.esm PatchforPurists-BookTypos.esm PatchforPurists-FloatingRocks.esm PatchforPurists-ExpansionImplementation.esm PatchforPurists-DialogueInconsistencies.esm PatchforPurists-StatisticTypos.esm

The problem I encountered is that the Boots of Blinding Speed doesn't seem to to do anything when I equip it. The effects animations trigger but I don't get Blind and my Speed remains the same which is 100. The magic menu has no icons to indicate the effects.

All my attributes are at 100 because I used the Aunius Autrus (restocking Fortify Intelligence ingredients)/Alchemy exploit to bew potions to sell to Creep then using the money to train all my skills.

I searched all over the internet to see if there are other reports. I tested by using Concole Commands to set my Willpower back to 40 and also 1 to see if my resist magic is too high but to no avail. I then gave my self the enchanted Daedric Cuirass (Feather 50 pts on Self) and tested that. After i equip it, my encumbrance became 0/500 but then I couldn't move until I took the cuirass off. Not sure if all Constant Effects on enchanted armor have this issue or they are unrelated bugs.

I even tested by deactivating all ESPs/ESMs and starting a new game (cleared Customer command line arguments), then as soon as I stepped out of the Census and Excise Office, I gave myself a pair of BoBS and equipped them. No effect either...

Sorry for the wall, just trying to provide as much details as possible.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

That doesn't sound like an Android-specific issue so you should probably report it to the core OpenMW team.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

There was a regression with a constant-effects enchantments (which is present in some recent Androids builds too), but it was fixed a week ago.
sandy0099

Post by sandy0099 »

hello thank you so much for this port. i wonder if its possible to have another control type where the right analog area act just like an analog stick, so when turning/looking around the motion is smooth, like in console.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

akortunov wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 08:17 There was a regression with a constant-effects enchantments (which is present in some recent Androids builds too), but it was fixed a week ago.
Thanks, guess I'll need to make a new build to resolve this.
sandy0099 wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 12:55 hello thank you so much for this port. i wonder if its possible to have another control type where the right analog area act just like an analog stick, so when turning/looking around the motion is smooth, like in console.
That's how the very early builds worked, but these controls were almost unusable so they were scrapped. Why would you want that?
Laicus

Post by Laicus »

xyzz wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 16:09 Thanks, guess I'll need to make a new build to resolve this.
I wrote about this a week ago.)
viewtopic.php?p=63037#p63037
sandy0099

Post by sandy0099 »

xyzz wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 16:09 That's how the very early builds worked, but these controls were almost unusable so they were scrapped. Why would you want that?
as i said walking around would look smoother that way. and im not saying that mouse mode be gone all together. maybe when windows(stats, inventory etc.) comes up, it should revert to mouse mode. something like thats.

and another suggestion. do you know about the widget system in magic dosbox. the customizability of that control system is amazing. do you think thats possible here?
thephantomfiddler

Post by thephantomfiddler »

Setting viewing distance above 21845 units will make all objects not properly be loaded on GLES2.
Trafficriot911

Openmw crashes everytime I try to leave the ship at the beginning of the game.

Post by Trafficriot911 »

I have tried to disable preloaded cells as suggested here (viewtopic.php?t=5438) but it is still happening.
I have also tried limiting the physics fps as I found suggested elsewhere on the forum but it also did not work.

The game loads and runs fine in the ship but exits as soon as I click on the door to leave.
In the log, a lot of files are saying not found. I'm not sure why it says that since I copied all the files from my laptop.

The log says it can't find the bethesda logo.bik (which doesn't seem to be the problem since it just skips straight to the game menu)

It also can't find the mw_intro.bik (but it just skips straight to the inside of the ship)

Finally it says it can't find a whole bunch of thunder sound files (for example: Weather_Blizzard_Thunder_Sound_ID_0). In my data files there are to thunder files called _Thunder0 and _Thunder1 (located at Data Files>Sounds>Fx).

I also tried limiting the physics fps as suggested on the forum but it did not work either.

The game runs perfectly on my laptop and is able to leave the ship with no issues and it has all the same files.

Any idea why this is happening?

I can add my log if necessary.

Edit by AnyOldName3: I moved this from its own thread to here as it's Android-related. The same thing was on Reddit, so that's how I know despite it not saying.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Update openmw to the latest version