Openmw-launcher.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Fukelz

Openmw-launcher.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Post by Fukelz »

I keep getting the error that is in the subject name. im trying to run the 32 bit version on Windows XP does anyone know how I can fix this please
Capostrophic

Re: Openmw-launcher.exe is not a valid Win32 application

Post by Capostrophic »

Alas, OpenMW official builds are not compatible with Windows XP.

Windows XP support was dropped by Microsoft exactly five years ago, you should probably update.
Fukelz

Post by Fukelz »

Capostrophic wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 17:04 Alas, OpenMW official builds are not compatible with Windows XP.

Windows XP support was dropped by Microsoft exactly five years ago, you should probably update.
I did but my laptop got fried so I've dug this one out untill I get my new pc in September.
testman
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/testman42

Post by testman »

Is that it will be best if you take this as a challenge to improve your tech skills a bit and install more recent operating system by yourself.

If the PC that you are using is not that powerful, than I would suggest you install Lubuntu or Xubuntu on it, as they are quite lightweight and easy to install.

OpenMW runs very well on all GNU+Linux distributions that I have tried, so playing Morrowind will not be an issue for you :D