Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Amenophis

Re: Android part 2

Post by Amenophis »

Don't know if works like that on android but deserves a try.
Put " signal in the path line.
data="/storage/emulated/0/MODS/B_heads/"
Detharias

Post by Detharias »

What I would do is use a dedicated text editor, such as turbo editor, also, what exactly are you putting when you type you mod I to the .cfg file
Tecumseh1976

Post by Tecumseh1976 »

Nope I tried Turbo Editor and even though it said it saved the changes, as soon as I launched the game it went back to the default settings. Here are the changes I am trying to make.

data=/storage/emulated/0/MODS/B_heads/
content=Morrowind.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Better_heads.esm

Has anyone else delt with this issue?
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Tecumseh1976 wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 16:19 Nope I tried Turbo Editor and even though it said it saved the changes, as soon as I launched the game it went back to the default settings. Here are the changes I am trying to make.

data=/storage/emulated/0/MODS/B_heads/
content=Morrowind.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Better_heads.esm

Has anyone else delt with this issue?
I don't think it works with multiple data directories, so just put all your esm files to the same folder.
Tecumseh1976

Post by Tecumseh1976 »

Ok I tried putting all the data files in my game folder and removed the data command.

Could the date line ”specify me” be the issue with no matter what it will not save the changes when I try to launch the game.

data="specify-me!"
content=Morrowind.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Better_Heads.esm
content=Better_Heads_Bloodmoon_addon.esm
content=Better_Heads_Tribunal_addon.esm
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Tecumseh1976 wrote: 07 Apr 2019, 21:56 Ok I tried putting all the data files in my game folder and removed the data command.

Could the date line ”specify me” be the issue with no matter what it will not save the changes when I try to launch the game.

data="specify-me!"
content=Morrowind.esm
content=Bloodmoon.esm
content=Tribunal.esm
content=Better_Heads.esm
content=Better_Heads_Bloodmoon_addon.esm
content=Better_Heads_Tribunal_addon.esm
This field is updated automatically when you start the game, you shouldn't touch it.
Tecumseh1976

Post by Tecumseh1976 »

If it updated automatically when you start the game and goes back to default settings, is there no way to add new content for mods without it resetting at launch? If so that is fine, that way I can move on with out thinking I am just missing a step somewhere.
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

First post here for this project. LG V40 is running nicely with an occasional hard three second pause ever now and then but that could be due to the game files loaded on an external SD card.

I increased the GUI to 2.5 and that fixed the game for my old eyes but the biggest thing is the way I synced the files from my PC running OMW and my phone so now I can switch between the two and keep playing!

Will report more once I really start playing to see how the Android interface holds up!

Hey can we get the gamma setting? I still cannot see much in the sunlight even with my screen brightness maxed.
AbuMorrow

Post by AbuMorrow »

reddragon72 wrote: 08 Apr 2019, 15:43 Hey can we get the gamma setting? I still cannot see much in the sunlight even with my screen brightness maxed.
Here, edit settings.cfg and type this under [Video]:
gamma = 1.0

1.0 is the default value, try increasing it a little until it suits you (personally I haven't tried it).
reddragon72

Post by reddragon72 »

Thanks that worked great! Set it to 2.0 and all is good.

Now I started messing with the water. OGL2 and water reflection all on.

I see this.

Last edited by reddragon72 on 10 Apr 2019, 15:01, edited 2 times in total.