I'm issuing OpenMW bounties on Bountysource

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
CMAugust

I'm issuing OpenMW bounties on Bountysource

Post by CMAugust »

There has been some discussion of bounties here in the past, with a common outlook being that if people are willing to spend money of their own accord - issuing bounties, donating personally to developers, and so on - they're welcome to do so. I've done so - starting with a focus on the historically underdeveloped OpenMW-CS, an essential piece of the mythical OpenMW 1.0.
There are now several hundred dollars in bounties for OpenMW available through Bountysource, the reputed bounty platform for open source communities.

Any developer new or old who resolves one of the relevant issues (by submitting a merge request which is then accepted) is entitled to a small monetary reward, as well as the usual warm fuzzy feeling one gets for contributing to open source projects.

Obviously this is not done in any official capacity on behalf of OpenMW - it's my own initiative and my own money. It's simply another means to contribute in a non-developer capacity alongside word of mouth, bug reports and donations. And thanks to platforms like Bountysource, it's never been easier to throw money at things I like. :P
darkbasic

Re: I'm issuing OpenMW bounties on Bountysource

Post by darkbasic »

Thanks for doing this :)
Br0ken

Post by Br0ken »

Great idea!
Maybe OpenMW team can oficially support this initiative? ;) I seen some discussion about it earlier, but without any conclusion...
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

It's fine.

It is a nice initiative, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. The kinds of people who have traditionally worked on OpenMW usually do so without money as a motivator. Having money there certainly sweetens things up a bit, but don't expect a mad rush to fix things.
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

What psi29a said. :)

I'll likely put up a similar post on the subreddits in the near future so that people outside the forums are aware of it.
JohnMaster

Post by JohnMaster »

Please be aware of the refund process for Bountysource.

If a bounty is not claimed for an issue, you need to contact the Bountysource team to have the amount credited back to your account. There is long pending Bounty linked below to move the process to the front-end.

https://www.bountysource.com/issues/345 ... -front-end
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

Noted. Thanks for the heads-up.