Android part 2

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
AbuMorrow

Re: Android part 2

Post by AbuMorrow »

So I finally got to download the latest release build from github and started testing it, Other than the red sky and the loading screen bug I came across these bugs for me:
- The vanilla game works find but it's laggy compared to the last april 2018 release and crashes sometimes in interiors or exteriors, physics fps on 60 is better for me than 30.
Tried this with both mainline and openmwfork (has some weird graphical bugs).

My problem with mods:
- Launching a new game with any number of mods (tested with removing mod one by one from the list) will work fine untill you come out the ship the game will crash.
- Loading a vanilla savegame with mods will crash the game (also tried testing with removing mods one by one from the list).
Tried all of the above with both mainline and openmwfork.

So the last april 2018 release is stabler (with or without mods) for me and it seems like it's the only way for me to play Morrowind on Android but it has a texture bug, textures aren't connected correctly and wrong ground textures all over the place and it only uses vanilla textures instead of modded ones, is there any work around for this?

Also thanks xyzz for continuing maintenance of the Android port.
Zanarkan

Post by Zanarkan »

I give it a try and it is Red sky (i know it will be fix soon ;) i do download the latest update and if i can pass the Boat without crash it force close just after i take the ring. I try with mod and without same for the FPS i do not now i dont really success to go far away lol but My only wish is to play Morrowind with 800x600 res it should solve a lot of my problem... i dont think just for myself no ! OK i do but it is for the greatest good... mine in first and yours ? We will see. Anyway lol thank for your hard work i am really happy and Thank you again all of you to not give up and to keep doing this Awsome Project Morrowind on Android it is here not perfect not always playable but it is close and just that it can be call i giant step ! I awsome Light in heart.... OK i leave 😈
Xelasarg

Post by Xelasarg »

The red sky (and red character model in the inventory screen, and red mini map) bug is only in the latest snapshot. Just download the one before, that should work fine.
Zanarkan

Post by Zanarkan »

Ok i will do that right now and i will give news about that. By the way do you know any god mod to apply in pc before i transfert the data file low res like very low my samsoung galaxy tab a6 is not FPS friendly
Xelasarg

Post by Xelasarg »

Not really. I found that lower resolution (I've set it to 720p with Samsung Game Launcher & Game Tuner) and lower view distance helps a lot. The port isn't very optimized yet, so there's a lot of stuttering and fps frops going on. Still, with these tweaks, I'm getting decent performance on a Galaxy S7 edge, and very good performance an S9+ (both Exynos w/ Mali gpu).
AbuMorrow

Post by AbuMorrow »

I too get good performance on my 4 years old Sony Xperia Device, although the port does crash from time to time, and Balmora isn't accessible for me playing on the latest two releases, does some of you have the same issue?
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

I've published a new build:
- Added fabric for automatic crash reporting
- Fixed the issue with red sky
- Updated OpenMW to 3b8b0b5dd754e9d749142a45ec0f56555bc5f294
- Updated gl4es to ec6642351553dbb1dc284bafc55fee39687781ee
Detharias

Post by Detharias »

So, I am wondering what to do with the symbols.7z file, it has probably been answered, but yeah, just wondering lol
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

Detharias wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 05:25 So, I am wondering what to do with the symbols.7z file, it has probably been answered, but yeah, just wondering lol
It's for developers to debug crashes.
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

https://github.com/xyzz/openmw-android/ ... 2019-03-03
- Enabled immersive mode to hide soft keys
- Added an option to specify a custom resolution
- Added more telemetry for crash logging
- Updated gl4es to beaaad949f6eeaa66365bc0ffbf835d35af99d5e
- Updated OpenMW to 84ce9814fd9357c79946a9ef1d3ee83af46b0ada