Odd/Incorrect Lighting on Meshes

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
CMAugust

Re: Odd/Incorrect Lighting on Meshes

Post by CMAugust »

The existence of a forward path is, of course, one of the advantages of clustered shading. :)
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Right, it looks like we were both using different terms for the same thing. I've also seen clustered shading used to describe a type of deferred system, too, and it didn't mention anything about forward rendering.
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

Sort of - according to Ola Olsson, the author of clustered shading, forward-plus is AMD's (confusing) term for Tiled Forward Shading. He suspects they would re-brand Clustered Forward Shading as Forward-Plus-Plus. :)
Mistahtokyo

Post by Mistahtokyo »

I don't suppose there is any sort of temporary workaround for this? Sadly it's one of those things that once you see it, you cannot unsee it.
wareya

Post by wareya »

Fundamental shading system changes would only fix the normal lighting problems, not this one. This one is some kind of obscure bug.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

We should at least get this on the tracker, then.
CMAugust

Post by CMAugust »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 03 Mar 2019, 15:52 We should at least get this on the tracker, then.
Done.
CMAugust wrote: 02 Mar 2019, 15:22 This seems like a good enough excuse to bring up clustered shading again. Actually, I've been meaning to make a topic about it in Feature Suggestions for the longest time. I'll do that tomorrow.
And done. :)