Linux Questions: GPU/CPU Monitor...... Tes Construction Set

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
AnyOldName3

Re: Linux Questions: GPU/CPU Monitor...... Tes Construction Set

Post by AnyOldName3 »

haloterm wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 17:24
AnyOldName3 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 16:46 I'm pretty sure OpenMW has a setting to ignore filesystem case. That's probably easier than renaming everything.
Then I did not make myself clear.

Example:

Mod 1 has the file tx_land_darkstone02.dds.

Mod 2 has the file Tx_land_DarkStone02.DDS.

Both files are in the same folder if one does not take care when installing in the "textures" folder.

Indeed, OpenMW ignores the case. But how should OpenMW decide which one to load? It simply picks one of them, but not necessarily the one I want.

Therefore I have to make sure that there are no duplicates.
If you're installing mods properly, as described here https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... stall.html, you should only have one mod in each directory, and so shouldn't end up with two versions of the same asset in the same directory (as it would be very weird for a mod to provide two versions of the same file in the same directory with the same name except for case). OpenMW will resolve conflicts in the order data= lines appear, so it definitely does know which version to use.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

You only needed libqhull-dev
that would have pulled in the required dependencies.

At this point, check where the headers are and make sure they are in your path. I think there is a missing step somewhere here or a shell script not being run, because this all should just 'work'. Then again, this was back in 2014 when I worked on it. I will try again when I get home (and have time).
Somavakien

Post by Somavakien »

psi29a wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 18:07 You only needed libqhull-dev
that would have pulled in the required dependencies.

At this point, check where the headers are and make sure they are in your path. I think there is a missing step somewhere here or a shell script not being run, because this all should just 'work'. Then again, this was back in 2014 when I worked on it. I will try again when I get home (and have time).
Thanks!!!

Edit i managed to open Nifskope 2.0 with Wine 4.0 :)

Also Tes Construction Set :)
Last edited by Somavakien on 01 Mar 2019, 09:24, edited 1 time in total.
Somavakien

Post by Somavakien »

Jodiwe wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 10:12 Hi Somavakien,

If you're using an AMD or Intel GPU with open source drivers, you can use Gallium HUD to overlay graphs over the game screen. Here's a decent tutorial if you're interested in doing that: https://manerosss.wordpress.com/2017/07 ... llium-hud/.
Thanks. But i use the Nvidia Driver from the offical Website. So i can't use this programm.

Tried to start gputemp.exe with Wine, but doesn't work.
haloterm

Post by haloterm »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 28 Feb 2019, 17:54 If you're installing mods properly, as described here https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... stall.html, you should only have one mod in each directory, and so shouldn't end up with two versions of the same asset in the same directory (as it would be very weird for a mod to provide two versions of the same file in the same directory with the same name except for case). OpenMW will resolve conflicts in the order data= lines appear, so it definitely does know which version to use.
Okay, I read the descriptions and they make sense. Although mass-renaming files in Linux is a matter of a few seconds, so the old Morrowind method can work easily, the OpenMW method of managing mods is still superior.

Maybe it would be a good idea if the configuration wizard informed new users that their old Morrowind-way of installing mods is ... hm, not just "not recommended", but only exists for compatiblity and might soon be removed. This way new users were not tempted to use the old-fashioned method (and they'd be forced to read the documentation).
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It might be an idea to add that and maybe some other tips to the wizard, but a warning that strong would be going a little overboard. After all, it's not like it's anything we ever could remove, as there's no way that a data directory full of vanilla content looks different from a data directory containing vanilla content and mods too, unless you're going to have hardcoded rules about what is and isn't vanilla.
Somavakien

Post by Somavakien »

Does somebody a programm where i can record my CPU and GPU Temp. So i can see after playing my temperatures?
Jodiwe

Post by Jodiwe »

Somavakien wrote: 01 Mar 2019, 17:16 Does somebody a programm where i can record my CPU and GPU Temp. So i can see after playing my temperatures?
Hi Somavakien,

Option 1:
You could try the psensor program which was the third suggested answer in the link in my previous reply. I'm not at home now, so I can't see how well it works for that situation, (you want to see a history of it). Here's a tutorial on how to use it: https://www.tecmint.com/psensor-monitor ... -in-linux/.

Option 2:
You could run a script which logs the output of lm-sensors to a file:

Code: Select all

while [true]
   do
   sensors >> ~/sensors_log.txt
   sleep 1
done
You will have to copy that snippet to a script file (use whatever text editor Kubuntu comes with, and save it as "sensors_log.sh" in your home directory). After this, you'll have to make it executable before you can run it (that should be somewhere in the file's properties), and then you can run it from the terminal (Probably "Konsole", if I remember correctly) by typing

./sensors_log.sh
and pressing enter. To stop the script when you're done with the game, press Ctrl+C, or just close the terminal.

Before you can use the sensors command for the first time, you might need to scan for all the sensors on your system. Typing

sudo sensors-detect
in the terminal should let you do that. Once you have done that, you could run the

sensors
command to see if it worked.

Above code was taken from here: https://superuser.com/questions/608421/ ... e-on-linux

Option 3:
This is quite a complicated method to get a simple thing done:
If you have an Android phone and it's connected to the same network as your computer, you could use it to remotely monitor your computer's temperatures when in-game using SSH. SSH lets you log in to your computer and issue it terminal commands in the same way as in option 2. Using this method, you could run the sensors command as described above, and see the current temperature on your computer. Using the

watch sensors
command would cause it to continuously update.
You can install openssh-server on your computer using this terminal command:

sudo apt install openssh-server
You will then need to restart the ssh server:

sudo service ssh restart
Now you'll need your network IP address. You can get it from the network manager, or from the command line:

hostname -I
On your Android, download an SSH client (JuiceSSH seems good enough), and configure it with your IP address and computer username. When it asks for your password, it's the same as your Kubuntu password.

From there you can type the

watch sensors
or
sensors
commands

Let us know how you get along.

I hope either of the above 3 options work for you. As I said above, I'm not home now, so I haven't tested either of them, and I usually just use the sensors command myself.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

That's a good post, but the thread's been dead for two months. I think the OP is probably okay already.
Jodiwe

Post by Jodiwe »

AnyOldName3 wrote: 06 May 2019, 23:00 That's a good post, but the thread's been dead for two months. I think the OP is probably okay already.
Ah, I didn't see that. I've been so busy that March and May have started looking the same.