[SOLVED] OpenMW Won't Start

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
culor

[SOLVED] OpenMW Won't Start

Post by culor »

Hello!

I got a new computer a while ago, and decided to re-install Morrowind and OpenMW. Unfortunately, OpenMW is having some trouble.

I installed OpenMW in Morrowind's Data Files folder. When I start it from the launcher, OpenMW starts to load, gets as far as "Adding Data Directory C:\Morrowind\Data Files and then just stops. I've also tried installing it in the Program Files folder, but that has the same result.

I'm using in iMac with a Windows 10 emulator. Earlier, I downloaded several mods, but unselecting them doesn't seem to have any effect.

What should I do?

Thanks!

Edited by Atahualpa: Marked this topic as solved.
lysol

Re: OpenMW Won't Start

Post by lysol »

Are you saying that you run OpenMW with Wine or similar, or that you boot Windows on your Mac?

This is relevant, since OpenMW does have macOS builds too, so you can run it natively on your Mac instead of emulating WIndows.
terabyte25

Post by terabyte25 »

Nightly from October 17 if you want to try using it natively on macOS.

https://downloads.openmw.org/osx/nightl ... 406c5f.dmg
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

That nightly is very old and lacks many regression fixes. It's better to use the RC build of 0.45.0 instead, or stay at 0.44.0.
culor

Post by culor »

So I actually fixed it. I think something went wrong with the initial installation of Morrowind. I did a clean install and everything worked fine.

Thanks!