New to OpenMW and Modding

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
liegelorde

Re: New to OpenMW and Modding

Post by liegelorde »

Would be somewhat safe to just bring all of the assets to the top folder?
liegelorde

Post by liegelorde »

Well I've got purple trees, purple dragon flowers, missing tree meshes, and some floating mushrooms that should be attached to logs and tree meshes. I would like to get rid of some of the mods and test to see which ones are causing issues. How would I go about reinstalling the original vanilla textures and meshes?
klorax

Post by klorax »

liegelorde wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 22:06 Well I've got purple trees, purple dragon flowers, missing tree meshes, and some floating mushrooms that should be attached to logs and tree meshes. I would like to get rid of some of the mods and test to see which ones are causing issues. How would I go about reinstalling the original vanilla textures and meshes?
In OpenMW the originals should still be there (different directory), just disable relevant mod (remove line in config and untick in launcher).
liegelorde

Post by liegelorde »

I fixed the purple trees. I had to add an extra line in openmw.cfg to point to the meshes and textures. I still have purple draggle flowers, haven't figured out what mod is doing that. I would really like to use UC armory but the amount of edits I need to do to the meshes and textures is daunting. Is there any way I can get my hands on someone's edited version or is that not allowed?
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It should have pointed to this: https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/master ... -mods.html

@Lysol: Fix your link!

If Lysol doesn't show up, someone should prompt me to hunt him down separately.
lysol

Post by lysol »

What link? What have I done? Aaaaah!

EDIT: Oh right. Something has made that link broken then. Will fix asap.
liegelorde

Post by liegelorde »

Oh no worries, I ended up finding it. I was very proud of myself when I successfully fixed my shiny sign and since I have fixed various other meshes. Now if only I could find the texture for these draggle flowers. It's not all of them it's just some of the draggle flowers.