List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Naugrim

Re: List of (other) FOSS game engine replacement projects

Post by Naugrim »

lysol wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 11:39 Post updated! Still have a few to go through and add, will do when I have time for it. Remind me if I forget... :roll:
Why not create a git([Hub|Lab]) repo? That way we can link it and other can help maintain the list.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Hmm, you mean like, we write BBcode in a file and I then copy the code to this thread after each merge request? Or we write HTML and then I just link to that page on GitLab? Either way, it is a good idea.
Naugrim

Post by Naugrim »

I was just thinking of a simple index Markdown/rust/adoc file, a la README style.
If you want we could render it in HTML for usign github pages, but for now I am more concerned about giving visibility to this amazing list of projects.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Thanks for the idea! :) I'll think of something. Rust, ReST or something could work if not BBCode or HTML. Would be sweet to make a table so that you can get more info (programming language for example) in there without making it totally cluttered.

EDIT: Wait, isn't Rust just a programming language? You don't mean ReST do you? Markdown looks good anyway.
Naugrim

Post by Naugrim »

lysol wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 12:57 You don't mean ReST do you? Markdown looks good anyway.
yup! sorry for the mistake.

Not my favorite but I'd go for Markdown, is easy and widespread.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Threw something together at work between patients... :roll: Didn't have time to complete the formatting, so the first part of the list is how I thought we could format stuff if we go for markdown. The second part is just BBCode run through a translator to HTML and then to Markdown.

https://gitlab.com/Lysol/foss-game-engi ... er/list.md

I don't know if this really is a good idea to have all the bullet points like that. It more or less becomes just another list like wikipedia's, but without the ability to sort stuff.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Can Markdown do tables? That might be a nicer way to organize things.

Also, if we are hosting this on version control, then there is no need for a "last updated" because you can see the history of each line.
klorax

Post by klorax »

Thunderforge wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 19:14 Can Markdown do tables? That might be a nicer way to organize things.
Yes it can. :)
Last edited by klorax on 01 Feb 2019, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

klorax wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 19:58 Did a quick test, this is what it looks like on GitLab (probably same for the md version)
I don't suppose it also allows for making columns sortable? Might be nice to sort by name, license, or language.
klorax

Post by klorax »

Thunderforge wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 20:01 I don't suppose it also allows for making columns sortable? Might be nice to sort by name, license, or language.
Well, it does in Emacs, but the tables on GitHub/Lab are static. :(