Is there a better way to document mod compatibility?

All discussion on project related documentation including source docs, manuals, and tutorials go here.
psi29a
Github profile: https://github.com/psi29a/

Re: Is there a better way to document mod compatibility?

Post by psi29a » 07 Jul 2018, 09:29

Please do, this would make everyone's life better. :)

Thunderforge
Github profile: https://github.com/Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge » 07 Jul 2018, 21:51

AnyOldName3 wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 23:29
We could always talk to the Nexus people about that. If they don't respond to an email (which they probably will), I might be able to get Tannin to put us in contact with the right people as he's responded to discord DMs from me before when it's been about Mod Organizer's guts, and he works for the Nexus now.
That would definitely be amazing to get Nexus Mods to add this sort of support!

It might be helpful to present it by saying that they will likely be getting more OpenMW-exclusive mods. It would likely be in their best interest to be able to categorize mods as OpenMW-only, vanilla-only, and compatible with either.

kuyondo

Post by kuyondo » 08 Jul 2018, 08:48

I think I can help test out mods and determined their compatibility with OpenMW. I have lots of spare time. But I am not an expert on editing the openmw wiki page. Maybe I can send the information or documentation of the mod to someone who can edit the wiki page better.

Loriel

Post by Loriel » 08 Jul 2018, 09:22

kuyondo wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 08:48
I think I can help test out mods and determined their compatibility with OpenMW. I have lots of spare time. But I am not an expert on editing the openmw wiki page. Maybe I can send the information or documentation of the mod to someone who can edit the wiki page better.
I would be happy to proceed on that basis. Until an alternative is adopted, I suggest you create a thread here, in the Mod Compatibility subforum, and post your findings in it.

Most importantly, specify where to download the mod, and what problems, if any, you encounter with OpenMW.

Loriel