[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
mojoswagger1980

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

Veggicide wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 17:14 I know this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find an answer. Is there a way to make the cursor transparent in the menus? It often covers up useful information.
No. its anchored to the real cursor via sdl2. its whats making stuff like this (touchscreen user interfac in a game that came out before that existed)possible without modifying the actual code which isnt possible because its not an open-source game and because that would litteraly be a rats nest of code youd have to try to embed into with lua script or somthing else that can be embedded after the fact (way after). the cursor on pc is all that dictates positioning in an optical mouse setup which is what this is emulating. without it you would lose all movement in the menu. maybe it could be dimmed out (alpha) in the future but there would just be another cursor under it if you did so i guess ....No was proabably sufficient.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Would a transparent cursor work?
mojoswagger1980

psi29a wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 06:40 Would a transparent cursor work?
yeah but only the widget would be transparent you cant get rid of the actual cursor that is underneath it and could is the better word because the transparency option isnt available at the moment for that widget. but i dont see why it couldnt be you can make the others invisible and still use them unless its has somthing to do with movement but i strongly beleive that its just not very high priority given its only present in the menu and you cant do anything about the actual cursor under it because its hard coded.
mojoswagger1980

Anybody know if the console actually works ? i can bring it up but i get an error no matter what i enter. is this the correct syntax : "my name"_>EnableStatReview ? i tried with quotation marks around EnableStatReview and i tried omitting space in my name but just error . i wanted to bring up the screen at the end of class selection (where dude asks you if this is correct) but to no avail. im 99% sure its user error i cant imagine it not being functional everything else seems to be plus a plethora of mods to check. I tried and got all the reccomended mods for openmw as it applies to Tamriel Rebuilt and Project Tamriel to run. unless the western half of morrowind and the southern desert is done i dont have that its just water with transport guy swimming, but the east and both cyrodil and skyrim load and are accesible immediatly provided you have the travel patch to get to them loaded.

Edit: the west and south are there, my bad, i just didnt have TR_Preview loaded. its a testimony to the effort the developers put into the project, i must have installed it wrong 3 different ways and it still partially worked everytime ;) !
Last edited by mojoswagger1980 on 15 Jun 2018, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
pocketfart

OpenMW - GPD XD

Post by pocketfart »

For GPD XD fans, this Android port is incredible. The only issue I've encountered is mapping the controls. Everything works fine beside the left analog stick. Because the touch controls snap back to the centre, it makes looking around impossible after mapping the controls using the GPD XD. When I turn controls off it doesn't seem to recognize that it is a gamepad (even though you can set it to PS3 and XBOX). Any help on this?

Thank you!
mojoswagger1980

Re: OpenMW - GPD XD

pocketfart wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 02:01 For GPD XD fans, this Android port is incredible. The only issue I've encountered is mapping the controls. Everything works fine beside the left analog stick. Because the touch controls snap back to the centre, it makes looking around impossible after mapping the controls using the GPD XD. When I turn controls off it doesn't seem to recognize that it is a gamepad (even though you can set it to PS3 and XBOX). Any help on this?

Thank you!
GPD XD isn't listed in the controllerdb but its litterally split into 2 categories : windows and mac :( . my ps4 controller works fantastically but it had to have its bt mac address changed to match the phones and be interfaced through a 3rd party app (sixaxis controller) so the left stick isnt look btw its the movement stick but i didnt touch the analogs anyway they gave me no issues and i remapped ingame using the buillt in keymapper. is this possible on your GPD XD? Am i thinking of the right device ?(i think it flips open like a laptop the bottom half is controller keyboard top half is screen?) if so, nice ! seriously considering buying its big brother the GPD Win2 but at $750 i think ill wait. anyway what did you use to map the controls i imagine that bad boy has its own already installed huh? i was thinking maybe try a third party tool like tincore. the other thought completely sucks and im sorry but if all rlse fails you could see if you could map your controls as touch controls. involves widgets on top of widgets :( . not like they would be visible just the sensitivity would most likely suffer . maybe your device could be added to the built in controllerdb. wait how did you map it ? did you map your controls as keyboard keys? that didnt work fot me there is a seperate controller section in the options menu . if you didnt do the above but you did use somthing other than game to map also try mapping it through the game . in the off chance you went the incredibly wrong route and started trying to map as touch controls thats the problem lol never do that. but in the event it is just your analogs everything else is working then you might be stuck going with trying to map as touchcontrols as the game has no option to allow to calibrate or adjust them in anyway . hope somthing here at least gives a place to go from and hey even if this doesnt work out for ya, at least you still got a pretty neat device man . best of luck.
pocketfart

Post by pocketfart »

Yes, sorry, I mean't right analog stick. The GPD XD+ has a built in touch screen key mapper and I was using that to map the controls (like most touch games). Problem being, the touch movement controls snap back into place after moving them so mapping them to a physical analog sticks means they don't function correctly. Do you recommend any other ways to connect the controller of the device to the game?
mojoswagger1980

pocketfart wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 15:50 Yes, sorry, I mean't right analog stick. The GPD XD+ has a built in touch screen key mapper and I was using that to map the controls (like most touch games). Problem being, the touch movement controls snap back into place after moving them so mapping them to a physical analog sticks means they don't function correctly. Do you recommend any other ways to connect the controller of the device to the game?
No unfortunately not . and im tapping out man. i have no idea . i had an issue like it once using dosbox but the fix doesnt relate and im sure its not your issue (it was trying to emulate an archaic polling method known as "timed". it was screwing up the analog threshhold . i just emulated a different flight stick) did you say you were emulating a controller? i wonder if its polling it wrong? i wouldnt think you would need to interface a built-in controller, i would have thought it would just be on by default . so when you go to play games with controller support you have to do what ? walk me through a typical game setup on the GPD. Lets say GTA:San Andreas (built in support) , do you know if your controller works with it without additional mapping?
mojoswagger1980

Do patch files (.esp) have to be loaded in a specific order ? No, right? only .esm files have a specific order?There is no mention of order in the install notes but it is using a manager (wyre mesh) to install and thats not an option. Specifically i was thinking of trying Morrowind Rebirth.
mojoswagger1980

pocketfart wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 15:50 Yes, sorry, I mean't right analog stick. The GPD XD+ has a built in touch screen key mapper and I was using that to map the controls (like most touch games). Problem being, the touch movement controls snap back into place after moving them so mapping them to a physical analog sticks means they don't function correctly. Do you recommend any other way:s to connect the controller of the device to the game?
omg bud im sorry i misread you. do not attempt to map it like a touchscreen game . it has built in controller support and i just tried with sixaxis controller and it does exactly what your describing with relative wrap mode enabled on the sticks. its meant for games where the joystick position moves on screen. either disable that and select relative touch or (much much much better option) disable your keymapper and see if you can just map it from the option menu in game. the game has full controller support you shouldnt need to map anything except the buttons and thats done from within options. do you have depressable thumb buttons (L3 and R3). thats just me being curious about your device not actually part of the fix was just wondering if your had them . the closest ive messed with is an xperia play and it did not have L3 R3 buttons .