[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
Locked
mojoswagger1980
Posts: 192
Joined: 04 May 2018, 05:16

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 » 12 Jun 2018, 10:54

Tamriel Rebuilt installed but not quite flawlessly . i have giant yellow exclamation points near new areas . says this is due unregistered software archives but i did register them . did i do it wrong ? i inserted Archive1=PT_Data.bsa and Archive2=TR_Data.bsa under Archive0=tribunal.bsa and they loaded, shows them doing so on the main load screen and theres a grip of new stuff but these yellow exclamation marks persist. i think its pretty sweet regardless :)
Edit: it was the file named TR_Travels.esp . Seems it is missing meshes. i just deleted it from the load order and everything works perfectly 8-)
Last edited by mojoswagger1980 on 12 Jun 2018, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

magamo
Posts: 105
Joined: 28 May 2016, 17:28

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by magamo » 12 Jun 2018, 16:05

Try that with fallback-archive lines in your openmw.cfg file

fallback-archive=PT_Data.bsa
fallback-archive=TR_Data.bsa

They are ordered in precedence, but do not have explicit enumeration like they did in Morrowind.ini

Veggicide
Posts: 14
Joined: 15 Apr 2018, 05:20

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by Veggicide » 12 Jun 2018, 17:14

I know this has been brought up before, but I couldn't find an answer. Is there a way to make the cursor transparent in the menus? It often covers up useful information.

MistFuror
Posts: 9
Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 20:23

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by MistFuror » 12 Jun 2018, 17:19

Was still having problems with newer versions crashing at area transitions so I installed the early march version (latest one that works but with quite bad controls), made a test character and there were no crashes, so I saved the game in Seyda Neen and then installed the latest version again. To my surprise it loaded without crashing (was in an exterior location, previously thought it was a problem with them specifically, turns out it's not), but when I tried to enter a house, same thing as before - crash. Does anyone know if there is maybe a patch that could help with this? Is the project still being worked on or is it abandoned? Thanks

krlsrrll
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Jun 2018, 20:42

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by krlsrrll » 12 Jun 2018, 18:36

What program on an Amazon Fire 10.1 can I use to edit the cfg file? Tried on my laptop via link cable and doesn't recognise file type, tried on tablet and comes up as 1 continuous stream of data so wary of editing it and messing up the file without knowing.

mojoswagger1980
Posts: 192
Joined: 04 May 2018, 05:16

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 » 12 Jun 2018, 23:50

krlsrrll wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 18:36
What program on an Amazon Fire 10.1 can I use to edit the cfg file? Tried on my laptop via link cable and doesn't recognise file type, tried on tablet and comes up as 1 continuous stream of data so wary of editing it and messing up the file without knowing.
anything that allows you to open the .cfg as a text document that doesnt attempt to word wrap. i used the built in text editor in Mixplorer which is my fav. its available on xda labs. Im sure you have more options .....on pc i use notepad++ . Just to be safe copy the file to a different directory so you have a backup. your laptop must just not have a default program set to handle the file extension and it would be easy to do, but i doubt you'll need to, this can be done on the device just as easily as on pc. you are attempting to edit the .cfg located in /sdcard/android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/config/ right? it almost sounds like your trying to edit a binary if all you saw was hexidecimal code when you opened it . verify the path before preceding and definetly make copy if you are in anyway unsure.
Last edited by mojoswagger1980 on 13 Jun 2018, 11:07, edited 2 times in total.

mojoswagger1980
Posts: 192
Joined: 04 May 2018, 05:16

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 » 13 Jun 2018, 00:04

MistFuror wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 17:19
Was still having problems with newer versions crashing at area transitions so I installed the early march version (latest one that works but with quite bad controls), made a test character and there were no crashes, so I saved the game in Seyda Neen and then installed the latest version again. To my surprise it loaded without crashing (was in an exterior location, previously thought it was a problem with them specifically, turns out it's not), but when I tried to enter a house, same thing as before - crash. Does anyone know if there is maybe a patch that could help with this? Is the project still being worked on or is it abandoned? Thanks
[/quote/]
someone posted an optimization patch a page or so back. its just new meshes however, but it might make life easier on your gpu. turn the view distance to its lowest setting and try. you can try setting physics to 30 or 15 fps. i really think this is more of a lag fix but maybe. adfitionally try running it on opengles2 or 1 if you already are. hard to guess whats wrong bud. what version of the game are you using (who was it distributed by?)if its the gog or the steam version try and find the original game of the year edition released by bethesda. its a much lighter install as it does not install the cut scenes. alternately its safe to just delete them (.bik files) but the directory structure is different too. i havent had it crash in a while and i play the hell out of this thing . if none of that works drop a message and ill throw some more suggestions. oh switch back to the newest version of the app any improvement you think you got is imagined, the newest version has the most complete graphics library and the updated sdl2 for control. not a bad idea to make to disable oom killer on your device (requires root) and utilize the quick save button before doors that load into a new area til you get it stable and running optimally. check and see if your phones screen refresh rate is listed online. it should be in mhz. make sure your fps setting is no greater than the refresh rate if your refresh rate isnt 60 30 or 15 (mine is 120) err on the side of caution and select the closest fps setting under or equal to your screens refresh rate.
Last edited by mojoswagger1980 on 13 Jun 2018, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.

mojoswagger1980
Posts: 192
Joined: 04 May 2018, 05:16

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 » 13 Jun 2018, 02:01

magamo wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 16:05
Try that with fallback-archive lines in your openmw.cfg file

fallback-archive=PT_Data.bsa
fallback-archive=TR_Data.bsa

They are ordered in precedence, but do not have explicit enumeration like they did in Morrowind.ini
i fixed it! it was just a matter of deleting TR_Travels.esp from load order as it is missing meshes, but ty for the reply . Now im trying to add horses but the thing is zipped in .ace extension....which i havent seen in over 15 years and while i know its an archive im not sure what i can extract it with 7zip cant extract or see it :(.

Edit: i went back edited the .cfg then reloaded TR_Travels and now everything works like it should (that ive seen lol i tried your suggestion after noticing more graphical errors)
Edit:scrapped the horses, not compatible with TR. ah well walking isnt a deal breaker

csombek
Posts: 23
Joined: 01 Jun 2018, 13:18

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by csombek » 13 Jun 2018, 20:19

How can I add swift casting to this version.

mojoswagger1980
Posts: 192
Joined: 04 May 2018, 05:16

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 » 13 Jun 2018, 23:29

csombek wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 20:19
How can I add swift casting to this version.
Im not familiar with the mod.But in general you have to manually edit both the openmw.cfg and the morrowind.ini to register .bsa files . .esm and .esp files can be loaded using the argument --content (mod_name).esm/.esp .there can be no spaces in mod name (like the data-files folder).

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests