OpenMW 0.44.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
NullCascade
Posts: 115
Joined: 16 Jan 2012, 07:58
Github profile: https://github.com/NullCascade/

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by NullCascade » 08 Jun 2018, 21:59

This isn't really a regression for me, but my rendering freezes have gotten worse in the 0.44 RC above. I can trigger it every time when loading a save in 0.44, but only about 50% of the time in 0.43.

More information here: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/4445
MWSE 2.x lead.

User avatar
nox7
Posts: 5
Joined: 29 Apr 2016, 22:13

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by nox7 » 10 Jun 2018, 17:29

NullCascade wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 21:59
This isn't really a regression for me, but my rendering freezes have gotten worse in the 0.44 RC above. I can trigger it every time when loading a save in 0.44, but only about 50% of the time in 0.43.

More information here: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/4445
Right click and run OpenMW as an administrator. I'm 99% sure this will fix your initial loading issue.

User avatar
lysol
Posts: 1042
Joined: 26 Mar 2013, 01:48
Location: Sweden

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by lysol » 10 Jun 2018, 18:43

nox7 wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 17:29
Right click and run OpenMW as an administrator. I'm 99% sure this will fix your initial loading issue.
This is a very bad workaround and if it works (which I doubt), something is wrong. There's no reason why OpenMW should need administrative rights to the system.
Normal mapped texture replacers, exclusive for OpenMW:
My Nexus page

NullCascade
Posts: 115
Joined: 16 Jan 2012, 07:58
Github profile: https://github.com/NullCascade/

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by NullCascade » 10 Jun 2018, 19:07

nox7 wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 17:29
NullCascade wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 21:59
This isn't really a regression for me, but my rendering freezes have gotten worse in the 0.44 RC above. I can trigger it every time when loading a save in 0.44, but only about 50% of the time in 0.43.

More information here: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/4445
Right click and run OpenMW as an administrator. I'm 99% sure this will fix your initial loading issue.
What lysol said. Way too many people run on admin accounts and try running every program on Windows as administrator. That's not a real solution, and there're 0 reasons why OpenMW should need admin access.

Still, I gave it a try just in case something really funky was going on. It did not fix the issue.
Last edited by NullCascade on 11 Jun 2018, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.
MWSE 2.x lead.

User avatar
psi29a
Posts: 4183
Joined: 29 Sep 2011, 10:13
Github profile: https://github.com/psi29a/
Contact:

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by psi29a » 11 Jun 2018, 12:38

Anyway to profile it and see what is causing the issue? Is is stalling on GPU (loading assets)?

User avatar
raevol
Posts: 2776
Joined: 07 Aug 2011, 01:12
Location: Caldera

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by raevol » 11 Jun 2018, 20:14

Are any other Windows users seeing this issue with the RCs?

Current Release Status updated here

User avatar
AnyOldName3
Posts: 1085
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 03:25

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by AnyOldName3 » 11 Jun 2018, 20:29

I've never seen it happen, including with the RC builds, but then the bug report says it gets worse with more mods and I've got basically none installed right now. If it's something that happens intermittently, then if NullCascade provides a save that breaks it for him, I can try and load it a bunch of times and see if it ever happens.
AnyOldName3, Master of Shadows

NullCascade
Posts: 115
Joined: 16 Jan 2012, 07:58
Github profile: https://github.com/NullCascade/

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by NullCascade » 11 Jun 2018, 20:42

AnyOldName3 wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 20:29
I've never seen it happen, including with the RC builds, but then the bug report says it gets worse with more mods and I've got basically none installed right now. If it's something that happens intermittently, then if NullCascade provides a save that breaks it for him, I can try and load it a bunch of times and see if it ever happens.
The video was taken with basically a fresh game. It has like 2.5 minutes of playtime for what it took to get out of the start area. It's not save-specific.

A year or so ago I was trying to narrow it down to specific mods, before the issue continued to get worse. I'd have to go through and retest on earlier versions to see if that's just a perspective on the project over time or if it really was the case. Anyway, the easiest way for me to trigger it before was to install the Improved Telvanni Architecture mod and COCing to Sadrith Mora. At one point I was specifically able to trigger the issue by looking at meshes from that mod, but didn't have the issue in Seyda Neen or when looking away from them.
Last edited by NullCascade on 11 Jun 2018, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
MWSE 2.x lead.

User avatar
AnyOldName3
Posts: 1085
Joined: 26 Nov 2015, 03:25

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by AnyOldName3 » 11 Jun 2018, 20:44

Then I can't replicate it and we need to work out if anyone else can.
AnyOldName3, Master of Shadows

K1ll
Posts: 138
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 21:54

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by K1ll » 11 Jun 2018, 21:53

raevol wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 20:14
Are any other Windows users seeing this issue with the RCs?

Current Release Status
Windows RCs: need testing
Linux Binary RCs: need to be rebuilt (sorry K1ll! see here )
Mac RCs: need to be built (corristo)
Changelog: needs to be started (raevol)
Video: in planning stages (Atahualpa)
RC1s have been rebuild:
(same links as before)
32 Bit
64 Bit

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests