OpenMW 0.44.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Capostrophic

Re: OpenMW 0.44.0

Post by Capostrophic »

For 1: going through the roadmap, it's probably:
#1428 - take a cursed gem through the inventory and see the daedra spawn
#3587, 3783 - abot's bird and silt strider mods should work a bit better now
#3664 - combat music will start in dialogue.
#3863 - it should be quite visible that calm humanoid spell works properly on the guards that pursue the player
#3884 - it also should be visible how NPCs don't almost immediately rise up after being KO'ed
#4122 - player character will not stop moving legs while attacking underwater
#4184 - use levitation and fly above the pursuing guard.
#4216 - throwed weapon projectiles rotate now.
#4313 - try to attack a rat and move behind a door (not a teleport door), then close that door. The rat won't try to open the door in 0.44.0.
#4334 - NPCs will no longer carry torches during rain.
#1786 - it would probably be nice to show that the encumbrance is rounded up now and if previously 200/200 encumbrance could mean you're overencumbered, now only 201/200 signifies that. But otherwise it and other issues may be too boring for the end user.

Shamelessful self-promotion: I made use of inventory character preview lighting settings and it looks better now, and also changed the default interface to be more in-line with Morrowind.

Thanks to akortunov, spells window now has search.
Thunderforge added advanced settings tab into the launcher, which was featured in a newspost.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Thanks a lot, Capostrophic. I'll have a look at your list asap.
Capostrophic wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 16:03 Shamelessful self-promotion: I made use of inventory character preview lighting settings and it looks better now, and also changed the default interface to be more in-line with Morrowind.
Shame! Shame! Shame! *dingding* Anyway, I'll see if I can include at least the first issue.
Capostrophic wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 16:03 Thanks to akortunov, spells window now has search.
Ah, so this one has finally been merged. Nice.
Capostrophic wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 16:03 Thunderforge added advanced settings tab into the launcher, which was featured in a newspost.
That one is already on my list. One of the most important features of this release if you ask me.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Regarding terrain texture editing: We have a terrain texture editing mode now. When selected it creates a terrain texture brush button on the toolbar. By using the primary edit button on the terrain you can apply the brush to the terrain texture.

Left-clicking on the brush button opens a window to configure brush size and type (user settings option for maximal size). Right-clicking on the brush button opens a list of recently used brushes.

Dragging a texture from the terrain texture table or the texture resource table onto the brush button selects the texture for use in the brush.

The following functions are missing:
- Texture selection (copy&paste function, additional brush mode based on shape of current selection, see tooltip in brush config window)
- Secondary edit button click: This will set the current brush texture to the one under the mouse pointer (kinda the inverse of primary edit).
- The brush button should show the selected texture in its icon
- Dragging a texture to the scene will either apply it to the selection (when dropping onto the selection) or a single texture tile
Zini

Post by Zini »

The release branch has been created and the changelog has been updated. Over to you raevol.
wareya

Post by wareya »

If the release branch is based on the current master, then it contains a recent major regression that prevents casting magic on non-actors from working (e.g. unlock on touch). It's fixed by this PR from akortunov: https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw/pull/1725
Zini

Post by Zini »

Thanks. I merged the fix into the release branch. Hopefully, we are good now. If not, a wave of complains about the RC builds will surely let us know.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Or not. Hold your horses. Just got a PM about some other issues.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Okay. Done, I think. For future reference, please don't let regressions sit in the master branch for extended periods of time.
Last edited by Zini on 04 Jun 2018, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Do you mean "don't" when you say "do" or was that sarcasm or do we suddenly like regressions?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Oops. Fixed. The heat is getting to me. Could we skip summer at least this one time? Anyway, thanks.