Peoples favorite graphics mods?

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Veggicide

Peoples favorite graphics mods?

Post by Veggicide »

I previously ran MGSO but switched to openMW. I liked how MSGO looked, so I'm looking now for what mods people use for improved textures, graphics, ect. I've been looking through the mod section on the wiki, but there is no description for the mods and so many options, so I'd like everyone's favorites :)
Chris

Re: Peoples favorite graphics mods?

Post by Chris »

Probably a minor thing, but I like Arukinns Better UI. It's nice thematically, and unlike the other "dark UI" mod I've seen, is actually darker and not brighter than the default UI, which makes it easier on the eyes for me.
ladyonthemoon

Post by ladyonthemoon »

After trying some of them, I still prefer the original Morrowind. Add the fact that OpenMW makes the game look better and I really don't need any! :)
Jarad

Post by Jarad »

Lysol has some really nice texture packs. I like Roberts bodies. I remember seeing someone here is working on a graphics overhaul. Mostly you have to cherry pick from armor and weapon retextures.
l1lartur0

Post by l1lartur0 »

Lysol's works and Robert's Bodies are faves, as well. Also like DarkNut's creature, weapons, and world textures, Connary's Dunmer Stronghold, Imperial Forts Normal Mapped (vanilla version) by Flash3113, Lougan's landscape retextures, Lazy's Grand Solstheim, Daedric Ruins Retexture by Bloodinfested, KetGolosov's mods (Potions and Beverages Retexture, Swirlwood Furniture Retexture, and Paper Lanterns Retexture), RR Mod Series - Better Meshes, and the "Long Live" textures by anarkhya... just to name a few(!).
Veggicide

Post by Veggicide »

Thanks all for the suggestions! Quick question, with Darknut's textures I don't see any esp files, how do I install them?
l1lartur0

Post by l1lartur0 »

Install as you normally would and add the data path to the mod in openmw.cfg.

Here's a more long-winded explanation (for Windows) because, well, I do tend to go on a bit:
Spoiler: Show
Hope this helps!
Veggicide

Post by Veggicide »

So if I have the texture files in a path as follows:
...Morrowind\Darknut's Creature Textures-43420-1-0\Data Files\Textures
That folder containing all my .dds files, should I put this into the cfg file:
data="...Morrowind\Darknut's Creature Textures-43420-1-0\Data Files\Textures"
or this:
data="...Morrowind\Darknut's Creature Textures-43420-1-0\Data Files"

Thanks!
l1lartur0

Post by l1lartur0 »

No prob. You would enter it as: data="...Morrowind\Darknut's Creature Textures-43420-1-0\Data Files"

Just in case you haven't already checked out the OpenMW Wiki pertaining to modding, which provides a wee more detail: https://wiki.openmw.org/index.php?title ... stallation

Have fun with your build!
Veggicide

Post by Veggicide »

Nevermind, figured it out. Thanks for your help and input guys! One more thing, I can't find Robert's better bodies, anyone have a link?