First naive attempt at a mod - problems

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
northivanastan

First naive attempt at a mod - problems

Post by northivanastan »

I used OpenMW-CS to create a simple mod that adds an NPC in Mababi called "The Immortal" which carries three unique enchanted items, an amulet, a robe, and boots.
For some reason The Immortal's legs were invisible, and I also couldn't figure out how to make the NPC equip the items. The robe was entirely black when I equipped it. The only thing that really worked were the enchantments.
I clearly need some more direction before I seriously try to make a mod.
Thunderforge

Re: First naive attempt at a mod - problems

Post by Thunderforge »

Are there some specific ways that we can help you? What have you tried so far to resolve this? What questions do you have?
ladyonthemoon

Post by ladyonthemoon »

northivanastan wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 01:54 I used OpenMW-CS to create a simple mod that adds an NPC in Mababi called "The Immortal" which carries three unique enchanted items, an amulet, a robe, and boots.
For some reason The Immortal's legs were invisible, and I also couldn't figure out how to make the NPC equip the items. The robe was entirely black when I equipped it. The only thing that really worked were the enchantments.
I'm still trying to figure out how to use OpenCS to make a mod; I carry on making mods with the original CS then. Maybe you should do that since, apparently, your mod is not a complicated one and has no scripts. It should work with OpenMW. :)
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

ladyonthemoon wrote: 20 May 2018, 12:55I'm still trying to figure out how to use OpenCS to make a mod; I carry on making mods with the original CS then. Maybe you should do that since, apparently, your mod is not a complicated one and has no scripts. It should work with OpenMW. :)
Have you read the tutorial on how to make a mod using OpenMW-CS?

https://openmw.readthedocs.io/en/stable ... index.html
ladyonthemoon

Post by ladyonthemoon »

psi29a wrote: 20 May 2018, 15:51Have you read the tutorial on how to make a mod using OpenMW-CS?
No, but I will! Thank you! :D
ladyonthemoon

Post by ladyonthemoon »

ladyonthemoon wrote: 20 May 2018, 17:36
psi29a wrote: 20 May 2018, 15:51Have you read the tutorial on how to make a mod using OpenMW-CS?
No, but I will! Thank you! :D
I've made it! :dance:

The tutorial is incomplete at the moment but I managed adding the ring to Arrile's store in Seyda Neen and set ownership of the ring to Arrile.

I've also tried the ring and it works.

01.jpg
02.jpg
screenshot001.jpg
screenshot002.jpg
Edit: if this post is too much off topic, let me know or delete it. :)
ladyonthemoon

Post by ladyonthemoon »

northivanastan wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 01:54 I used OpenMW-CS to create a simple mod that adds an NPC in Mababi called "The Immortal" which carries three unique enchanted items, an amulet, a robe, and boots.
Are you using custom meshes, textures and a custom race?

I made a new npc and added her to Pelagiad. She is wearing the clothes I assigned to her and looks normal.

screenshot018.jpg
screenshot019.jpg
northivanastan

Post by northivanastan »

Sorry for being late! I fixed all of these issues myself. Mostly forgot to check Auto Calc and add body parts to my custom items.
northivanastan

Post by northivanastan »

Sorry for posting late - fixed all of this myself. Still have some questions but those are for another thread.

The issues were: Forgot to check Auto Calc; and forgot to associate clothing with body parts.