Packaging Question

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
artorius

Packaging Question

Post by artorius »

I'm updating my Fedora build process, and have a few questions.

I saw in IRC that the launcher is going to be a separate install in the Ubuntu PPA, so I'm following suit on the Fedora side. So Fedora users will have openmw (the main binary and its supporting files), and openmw-launcher (the GUI launcher and desktop menu setup).

My first question is about the esmtool. Does that need to be packaged for the general downloads or is it a dev only binary, in other words can I leave it out of the package?

My second question is about libraries. Right now I'm packaging libMyGUIOgrePlatform.so in with the main RPM. Fedora packaging guidelines prefers that doesn't happen, so I'm considering a separate rpm (maybe openmw-libs). The only way I feel like I could justify that is if there are going to be more separate lib files to install. Is that foreseen in the next build, to have extra lib files created during the source compilation?

Thanks!
Zini

Re: Packaging Question

Post by Zini »

My first question is about the esmtool. Does that need to be packaged for the general downloads or is it a dev only binary, in other words can I leave it out of the package?
Dev only.
Is that foreseen in the next build, to have extra lib files created during the source compilation?
Nope.
artorius

Post by artorius »

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

You might be interested in this:

An on-demand Fedora Build Service (abstract).

It would be nice to have a launchpad like system for RPM based distribution, but this is specifically for Fedora which up your alley. :)
artorius

Post by artorius »

I was at FUDCon (Fedora Users and Developers Conference) earlier this year where they discussed this. It's mostly geared towards building the Fedora distro or a derivative.

I have considered moving my setup to OpenSUSE's build service, which lets you build packages for just about any Linux distribution and version.