[arch linux] MyGUI + gcc 4.7

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

[arch linux] MyGUI + gcc 4.7

Post by lgromanowski »

Just in case someone have similar problem when compiling openmw with gcc 4.7:

Code: Select all

[100%] Building CXX object apps/openmw/CMakeFiles/openmw.dir/engine.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable ../../openmw
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED1Ev]' of /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.0/../../../../lib/libMyGUI.OgrePlatform.a(MyGUI_OgreDataManager.cpp.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED5Ev]' of /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.0/../../../../lib/libMyGUI.OgrePlatform.a(MyGUI_OgreDataManager.cpp.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEED1Ev]' of /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.0/../../../../lib/libMyGUI.OgrePlatform.a(MyGUI_OgreDataManager.cpp.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEED5Ev]' of /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.0/../../../../lib/libMyGUI.OgrePlatform.a(MyGUI_OgreDataManager.cpp.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEED1Ev]' of /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.0/../../../../lib/libMyGUI.OgrePlatform.a(MyGUI_OgreDataManager.cpp.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEEEED5Ev]' of /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.7.0/../../../../lib/libMyGUI.OgrePlatform.a(MyGUI_OgreDataManager.cpp.o)
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [openmw] Błąd 1
make[1]: *** [apps/openmw/CMakeFiles/openmw.dir/all] Błąd 2
make: *** [all] Błąd 2
you need to compile mygui with abs, but before you do that, you need to modify PKGBUILD and add

sed -i 's:check_cxx_compiler_flag(-fvisibility:#check_cxx_compiler_flag(-fvisibility:' CMakeLists.txt
line after other "sed lines", i.e:

# change CMake config so demos install to /opt
  sed -i 's:"bin:"../opt/MYGUI:' CMake/Utils/MyGUIConfigTargets.cmake
  sed -i -e 's:../share:/usr/share:' \
         -e 's:"bin":"../opt/MYGUI":' \
         CMake/InstallResources.cmake

sed -i 's:check_cxx_compiler_flag(-fvisibility:#check_cxx_compiler_flag(-fvisibility:' CMakeLists.txt
// EDIT: You will also need testing/boost 1.49.0-2
pvdk

Re: [arch linux] MyGUI + gcc 4.7

Post by pvdk »

Could you send me the modified PKGBUILD as a pull request on this repository?
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

I read a comment by the arch maintainer in mygui forums saying he fixed it. You might just want to wait a day until its uploaded.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

pvdk wrote:Could you send me the modified PKGBUILD as a pull request on this repository?
Sure, done. :)
AlienCat

Post by AlienCat »

I wanna stay at bleeding edge at ogre so I compiled it by myself.
However I cannot get mygui or openmv to work!
I have tried what you said and I still got those errors when I compile.
Maybe I could try boost 1.48 instead of 1.49.0-2.

Here is the console output:
http://pastebin.com/uvR8tteG
mach1723

Post by mach1723 »

AlienCat wrote:I wanna stay at bleeding edge at ogre so I compiled it by myself.
However I cannot get mygui or openmv to work!
I have tried what you said and I still got those errors when I compile.
Maybe I could try boost 1.48 instead of 1.49.0-2.

Here is the console output:
http://pastebin.com/uvR8tteG
As far as I know there's no need to build OGRE on arch. Those errors are related to boost, apparently the boost package in arches' "testing" repo doesn't have this issue but I simply opted to build boost my self from it's sources. Once you do this I believe you need to set 'BOOST_INCLUDE_DIR' and 'BOOST_LIB_DIR' to your build of boost's include/lib directories in OpenMW's CMake configuration.

Sorry if this post is confusing, I can try and write more detailed instructions if you need them :|