Modded Race Hand Meshes not Showing?

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Brightside216

Modded Race Hand Meshes not Showing?

Post by Brightside216 »

Hey sorry if this is a dumb post, but does anyone know if there is any fix for hand meshes not loading properly in OpenMW for a modded Race? The mod in question is the Playable Sksleton Mod found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mod ... escription
The files are definitly there and the page states they should be visible, however in game I get this obnoxious polygon vest while in First Person .Image
In third person the hands are fine however, so I'm stumped. (Though I'm sure they are different models but I'm not great with this sort of thing)
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
screenshot009.png
scrawl

Re: Modded Race Hand Meshes not Showing?

Post by scrawl »

Post your openmw.log, how you installed those files and we'll know more. Probably it is one of (from most to least likely):
1. You haven't installed the mod's data files correctly.
2. The mod uses broken file references that only happen to work because of the guessing games the original engine does, some of which may not be implemented in OpenMW.
3. The files are found, but don't load because of an esoteric aspect of the NIF format that's not handled yet.
Brightside216

Post by Brightside216 »

Loading config file: C:\Users\paula\Documents\My Games\OpenMW/openmw.cfg... done.
Loading config file: ./openmw.cfg... done.
OpenMW version 0.43.0
Revision: 35d68f038d
Using default (English) font encoding.
OSG version: 3.4.1
Loading settings file: ./settings-default.cfg
Loading settings file: C:\Users\paula\Documents\My Games\OpenMW/settings.cfg
Adding BSA archive C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files\Morrowind.bsa
Adding BSA archive C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files\Tribunal.bsa
Adding BSA archive C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files\Bloodmoon.bsa
Adding data directory C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Morrowind\Data Files
Adding data directory C:\Users\paula\Desktop\OpenMW\OpenMW 0.43.0\Data Files\Playable Skeleton
Adding data directory C:\Users\paula\Desktop\OpenMW\OpenMW 0.43.0\Data Files\Playable Skeleton
Initializing OpenAL...
Opened "OpenAL Soft on Speakers (SteelSeries Siberia 650)"
ALC Version: 1.1
ALC Extensions: ALC_ENUMERATE_ALL_EXT ALC_ENUMERATION_EXT ALC_EXT_CAPTURE ALC_EXT_DEDICATED ALC_EXT_disconnect ALC_EXT_EFX ALC_EXT_thread_local_context ALC_SOFTX_device_clock ALC_SOFT_HRTF ALC_SOFT_loopback ALC_SOFT_pause_device
Vendor: OpenAL Community
Renderer: OpenAL Soft
Version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.17.2
Extensions: AL_EXT_ALAW AL_EXT_BFORMAT AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_BFORMAT AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_block_alignment AL_SOFT_buffer_samples AL_SOFT_buffer_sub_data AL_SOFT_deferred_updates AL_SOFT_direct_channels AL_SOFT_loop_points AL_SOFT_MSADPCM AL_SOFT_source_latency AL_SOFT_source_length
HRTF disabled
Allocated 256 sound sources
Low-pass filter supported
EAX Reverb supported
Enumerated output devices:
OpenAL Soft on Speakers (SteelSeries Siberia 650)
OpenAL Soft on Speakers (BLUE NESSIE USB MIC)
Loading content file Morrowind.esm
Loading content file skeleton.esp
Loading content file Tribunal.esm
Loading content file Bloodmoon.esm
Playing Music/Special/morrowind title.mp3
Warning: controller R2_Claw02 present more than once in meshes/r/xsiltstrider.kf, ignoring later version
Failed to load 'meshes/b/b_s_skel_m_r_hand_1.1st': Error loading meshes/b/b_s_skel_m_r_hand_1.1st: no readerwriter for '1st' found
, using marker_error.nif instead
Failed to load 'meshes/b/b_s_skel_m_r_hand_1.1st': Error loading meshes/b/b_s_skel_m_r_hand_1.1st: no readerwriter for '1st' found
Loading cell -3, -10
Loading cell -3, -9
Loading cell -3, -8
Loading cell -2, -10
Loading cell -2, -9
Loading cell -2, -8
Loading cell -1, -10
Loading cell -1, -9
Loading cell -1, -8
warning fallingScript line 46, column 6 (endif)
endif without matching if/elseif
Playing music/explore/mx_explore_2.mp3
- openmw.log

As for installation, I made a "Data Files" Folder, (This is the first time I have modded OpenMW) made a "Skeleton Races" folder and then extracted the data files within the zip archive: Image
I then went and enabled the esp in the OpenMW launcher (I've reordered the load order in every possible way to see if that was somehow the problem to no avail).

Anyway thanks for aiding me with this! The strife us skeletons feel being represented in Morrowind is real.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Error loading meshes/b/b_s_skel_m_r_hand_1.1st: no readerwriter for '1st' found
There's your issue. The file extension is '.1st' when it should really be '.nif'. I'm not too surprised that this still works in MW, because .nif is the only supported file format there. In OpenMW though, we have a bunch of new supported file types like .osg, so it's necessary to use the correct extensions.
You'll have to rename those files to end in .nif (or .1st.nif) and then adjust the references in the esp file to refer to the new filename.
Brightside216

Post by Brightside216 »

Thank you man! Was litterally just a file extension change and path change in The Construction Set away! Now I can look down at my bone-dry hands without frets! Image