Help- Can't find Factions ranks in OpenCS

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Atahualpa

Re: Help- Can't find Factions ranks in OpenCS

Post by Atahualpa »

Just a quick heads-up:

I'd already implemented the Faction Ranks subtable, when I realised that we needed a way of keeping the rank count <= 10. While implementing that, however, I also decided to improve usability by adding a bunch of new context menu options. The features (faction ranks and improved context menu) were almost ready but Zini asked me to hold the code back until after the release phase that was going on back then. Then, RL and my old PC got in the way, interrupting my development activity -- unfortunately, to this day.

Anyway, I'm willing to continue work on these features in the near future. Here's a screenshot from the old corresponding development version.
Grilly

Re: Help- Can't find Factions ranks in OpenCS

Post by Grilly »

Atahualpa wrote: 25 Nov 2017, 16:17 Just a quick heads-up:

I'd already implemented the Faction Ranks subtable, when I realised that we needed a way of keeping the rank count <= 10. While implementing that, however, I also decided to improve usability by adding a bunch of new context menu options. The features (faction ranks and improved context menu) were almost ready but Zini asked me to hold the code back until after the release phase that was going on back then. Then, RL and my old PC got in the way, interrupting my development activity -- unfortunately, to this day.

Anyway, I'm willing to continue work on these features in the near future. Here's a screenshot from the old corresponding development version.
That is exactly what I think we need. I've got this in as a bug https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/4209 . As you can see I've been looking in all the wrong places in the source code. I know we're all waiting for the next release as of now but I will not forget about this topic and I'd love your help to get this fixed and implemented before the next release.