Launcher: Entry Point Not Found

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
CinuMod32

Launcher: Entry Point Not Found

Post by CinuMod32 »

Full error:
---------------------------
openmw-launcher.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point ?wheelEvent@QListView@@MEAAXPEAVQWheelEvent@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\GitHub\openmw\MSVC2015_64\Release\openmw-launcher.exe.

Info:
Commit: 36f4f0ef85ffe74ab27fabe68f02f7c569cc1559
Windows 10 x64
Built x64 release
Used ace's CI script for both vs2017 and vs2015 (command used below)
Build command: before_script.msvc.sh -k -p Win64 -v 2015

When moving proper dlls to build location, launcher gives the same error. the games exe (not the launcher) launches only to crash and give this error:

EDIT: Idiocy on my part, forgot to move resources folder to the game folder. OpenMW.exe launches game perfectly, launcher error still stands.

Please help, thank you!
AnyOldName3

Re: Launcher: Entry Point Not Found

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Your edit mentions moving the resources folder but you shouldn't have to move the resources folder. If that's not done automatically, something's gone horribly wrong with CMake. If that's the case, then you might well have issues earlier in the build that need correcting.
PlutonicOverkill

Post by PlutonicOverkill »

Is this the 'build script runs in debug mode by default' issue again? I really think the documentation on the CI script needs to be updated to include the '-c' argument, because it seems every month or so someone else runs into this issue, including me when I first attempted using the script. And it would probably be a good idea to move it to the wiki to make it more 'official' instead of just having it on a Github gist somewhere.
OP: Try running the command again with the '-c Release' option added, it'll probably fix your problem.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

It doesn't look like that issue to me as the thing I pointed out is handled by CMake, not by the CI script (although I agree that it is a nuisance, and if I could be bothered, I'd tweak it so it also sets things up for the other configurations at the same time and also set it up so it actually puts the necessary resources in place for RelWithDebInfo)
PlutonicOverkill

Post by PlutonicOverkill »

The report mentions having to move .dlls into the build directory as well, which is done by the script, so it seems like something at least is wrong on the script side.

EDIT: Something's definitely wrong in the build configuration if openmw-launcher.exe is being built as a DLL. You should check the project properties and look in General->Configuration Type; make sure it's set to 'Application (.exe)'.
mattwla

Post by mattwla »

Is this an error during linking or an error while trying to launch an exe?