ACE Atmospheric Sound Effects/ any Vanilla Friendly Sound Mod?

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
SchvanysEpitome

ACE Atmospheric Sound Effects/ any Vanilla Friendly Sound Mod?

Post by SchvanysEpitome »

Does anyone know if ACE Atmospheric Sound Effects is compatible with rebirth/rebuilt/OpenMW? I know expanded sounds uses objects to create noises from a certain distance unless moving the esp before Morrowind rebirth in which case the floating objects disappear, but the volume imbalance with Expanded Sounds was the worst I have ever heard resulting in an almost unplayable game. So are there any more vanilla friendly ones? Like a texture replacer but for sounds?

Also, any recommendations for great story mods? Building up Ulvirith Legacy, Rise of the House of Telvanni, Ulvirith's Legacy, Balmora Underworld, Suran Underworld, Cult of Sheogorath e.t.c...?
kuyondo

Re: ACE Atmospheric Sound Effects/ any Vanilla Friendly Sound Mod?

Post by kuyondo »

SchvanysEpitome wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 07:19 Also, any recommendations for great story mods?
You can try darkelfguy's quest mods. Interesting, fun and lore friendly.
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

There is a forum section to discuss this->viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4641
Chris

Post by Chris »

I haven't used ASE is a good while. It does add nice ambiance, but some of the sounds (particularly the town and tavern sounds) can be rather garish. I've relatively recently started using Morrowind Acoustic Overhaul. The individual modules, MAO_Config, MAO_Weather, MAO_2d, MAO_3d, MAO_Vanilla, MAO_Regions, MAO_Creatures, MAO_Containers, MAO_PCSound, and MAO_PCVoice, seem to work fine (the MAO_ScriptExtender and MAO_Music modules don't work, as they require MWSE), and you can disable whichever ones you don't want).

The base mod is here: http://download.fliggerty.com/download-76-1045
The actual sounds (and music, but the music module doesn't work) are here: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwFTwfOo ... t=download
SchvanysEpitome

Chris wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 10:17 The base mod is here: http://download.fliggerty.com/download-76-1045
The actual sounds (and music, but the music module doesn't work) are here: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BwFTwfOo ... t=download
Wow, you know that would have been very nice to know that the sounds are not included in the main file of great house fliggerty website hence why for some reason MAO would not work. I spent an hour researching MAO and did not find that anywhere, even the discussion forum that Kuyondo pointed out to me which I had already seen, that discussion over there is more about expanded sounds and nothing about MAO.
Last edited by SchvanysEpitome on 08 Nov 2017, 21:19, edited 2 times in total.
SchvanysEpitome

kuyondo wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 07:56
SchvanysEpitome wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 07:19 Also, any recommendations for great story mods?
You can try darkelfguy's quest mods. Interesting, fun and lore friendly.
Thank you for that recommendation. I ended up downloading most of his mods as they are really great and fit in with the game and nothing stands out. Also most of them are compatible with Morrowind Rebirth.
Chris

Post by Chris »

SchvanysEpitome wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 21:13 I spent an hour researching MAO and did not find that anywhere
The link is in the readme in MAO's archive. Though for some reason the readme's an rtf file, which isn't the easiest thing to deal with on non-Windows systems.