OpenMW 0.43.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
raevol

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by raevol »

Thank you @Capostrophic, @Atahualpa, @scrawl for the help! I've finished going through the changelog, here's what remains:
raevol wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 20:36
- NPCs and player no longer speak while underwater (#3851)
So are these then like voiced combat dialog? Because if the player does speak on behalf of Boethiath underwater, they are technically speaking underwater... I know this is splitting hairs over something really trivial, but these changelog items will be right next to each other, and I know people will be confused by them.
- Implemented showing arrow damage in a tooltip (#2923)
- In the inventory? Editor?

Feature #3921: Combat AI: aggro priorities
- Was this actually implemented? What target selection algorithm was chosen?
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

raevol wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 08:45 - Implemented showing arrow damage in a tooltip (#2923)
- In the inventory? Editor?
In the game (in the any GUI window which shows item tooltips).
raevol wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 08:45 Feature #3921: Combat AI: aggro priorities
- Was this actually implemented? What target selection algorithm was chosen?
For now AI select the target by the best action rating first, by the distance last.
For example, such behaviour can help us to avoid situations, when an NPC with the normal weapon tries to kill a summoned ghost instead of summoner.
But I am not sure that closing the #3921 was a good idea - we can look for a better solution.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

#2923: inventory, as an optional setting ([Game], show projectile damage).
#3851: Boethia should still speak through the player. Script command "say" bypasses dialogue manager and uses sound manager instead, which doesn't check if the actor is a submerged NPC. Non-scripted dialogue, though, like pain screams, wouldn't be used in such case.
#3921: yes, in one of Andrei Kortunov's AI improvement pull requests: now NPCs attack based on effectivity (you won't attack a Daedra with an iron sword they are resistant to, but you very much would a helpless 1 level player) of their attacks to the targets they are in combat with, not distance to the targets.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

raevol wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 20:36
- NPCs and player no longer speak while underwater (#3851)
So are these then like voiced combat dialog? Because if the player does speak on behalf of Boethiath underwater, they are technically speaking underwater... I know this is splitting hairs over something really trivial, but these changelog items will be right next to each other, and I know people will be confused by them.
#3851: actors will not try to speak underwater (pain screams, battlecries, greetings, etc) - AI fix
#3850: fixes "Say" script command - the played sound will not be distorted underwater - scripting fix
raevol

Post by raevol »

Alright, gotems. Thanks guys!!
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

- Copy/Paste now uses the correct command key on macOS (#3934)
Is this an OpenMW-CS issue?
No, this was changed for the game which also has the copy/paste function (e.g. for console commands). I imagine the CS already behaved correctly because the reporter didn't mention it.
raevol

Post by raevol »

scrawl wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 19:39No, this was changed for the game which also has the copy/paste function (e.g. for console commands).
Oh snap, ok. Thank you!
ajira2

Post by ajira2 »

akortunov wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 09:10 #3851: actors will not try to speak underwater (pain screams, battlecries, greetings, etc) - AI fix
There is a NPC that is partially underwater because he has lost his pants: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Hentus_Needs_Pants

#3851 can cause any trouble with him?
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

No, he's not submerged enough. OpenMW replicates vanilla behavior.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Going to note that since the Flatpak manifest was accepted into Flathub, maybe we should add a note to the download page - and probably to the release post as well since I'll be pushing an update to their build system as soon as the tag's in place.