Do NOT ask Abot about OpenMW compatibility

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
DestinedToDie

Re: Do NOT ask Abot about OpenMW compatibility

Post by DestinedToDie »

Could it simply be that you missed a step during the installation of the mod?
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

Mod installation in OpenMW is pretty simple. Not sure what I could have missed.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

Jeez. The hostility for simply asking is shocking. Honestly, I'd be half inclined to instead ask him if I could make his mods compatible for him, then send him the new version that he could be considered to have sole rights to. But to be perfectly frank, if he's going to respond with such absurd hostility to a "first offense" (how this is an offense at all is beyond me), I'm far more inclined to just download them, make the changes, and reupload them without his permission. Which probably makes it a good thing I don't particularly care about any of his mods myself, because I consider it likely he'd be even more pissed about that if he gets so annoyed by this.
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

To be fair, I did make an additional response after his threat, which I must assume he thought was an attempt at being smug or snotty. I thought I was being reasonable and polite. Someone should read it and tell me. Maybe I'm an a**hole and just don't know it.

On another matter, I am seeing SOME water life showing up in the game, but not very much, even after adjusting the settings, including setting the spawn rate to 2x. I definitely remember more life when I ran this mod with the original .exe. I wonder what's going on.
Kloppix

Post by Kloppix »

Jemolk wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 05:00 Jeez. The hostility for simply asking is shocking. Honestly, I'd be half inclined to instead ask him if I could make his mods compatible for him, then send him the new version that he could be considered to have sole rights to. But to be perfectly frank, if he's going to respond with such absurd hostility to a "first offense" (how this is an offense at all is beyond me), I'm far more inclined to just download them, make the changes, and reupload them without his permission. Which probably makes it a good thing I don't particularly care about any of his mods myself, because I consider it likely he'd be even more pissed about that if he gets so annoyed by this.
From abotWaterLife.txt

“You have my full permission to use things I introduced in this mod in
any way you like. Credit is not necessary - but would be nice.

No permission needed for uploading/translating this mod, anyway a mail
/PM at TESForums to make me aware of it will be appreciated :-)

It seems he doesn’t mind people modifying his mods. Maybe you could just upload an .omwaddon without any extra Data Files and name it “Water Life – OpenMW Patch” or something like that.
Jemolk

Post by Jemolk »

Kloppix wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 09:02
Jemolk wrote: 08 Nov 2017, 05:00 Jeez. The hostility for simply asking is shocking. Honestly, I'd be half inclined to instead ask him if I could make his mods compatible for him, then send him the new version that he could be considered to have sole rights to. But to be perfectly frank, if he's going to respond with such absurd hostility to a "first offense" (how this is an offense at all is beyond me), I'm far more inclined to just download them, make the changes, and reupload them without his permission. Which probably makes it a good thing I don't particularly care about any of his mods myself, because I consider it likely he'd be even more pissed about that if he gets so annoyed by this.
From abotWaterLife.txt

“You have my full permission to use things I introduced in this mod in
any way you like. Credit is not necessary - but would be nice.

No permission needed for uploading/translating this mod, anyway a mail
/PM at TESForums to make me aware of it will be appreciated :-)

It seems he doesn’t mind people modifying his mods. Maybe you could just upload an .omwaddon without any extra Data Files and name it “Water Life – OpenMW Patch” or something like that.
Hmm. That's actually remarkably fair. Okay then. I retract the second half of my comment. First part still seems a bit much, but that's not actually a problem if we can make the necessary modifications ourselves. In fact, that may be why he was annoyed. "I already gave you guys permission to fix this yourselves, and you're still inisisting I do it?!" Haha.
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

Well, someone else will have to do it since I'm not allowed to download his mods anymore. :roll:
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

Abot doing a lets play->https://youtu.be/VHaIB3eO0k8?t=1663
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

I think the reason he dont use/support OpenMW now is because how heavily modded his current game is. Most of the mods is not yet supported by OpenMW so it would be a drastic and major overhaul to his current Morrowind setup. From his videos, its seems that he is very connected and used to the mods, he can't let go of it, just for OpenMW.~