Issues with Julan

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
sebbot

Issues with Julan

Post by sebbot »

Hi, all.

My apologies if this has been reported already, but I haven't seen this particular issue on any of the Julan Ashlander Companion threads thus far. I'm using the newest version of the mod.

Julan spoilers below!
Spoiler: Show
Sorry if any of that was unintelligible. Hope I can help OpenMW!
argonvegell

Re: Issues with Julan

Post by argonvegell »

See here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3212

NatalieN created a patch called JulanOMWpatch.omwaddon for the Julan Ashlander mod, and if you are using Mountainous Red Mountain, NatalieN created a patch for that as well called JulanMRMomwpatch.omwaddon.

These patches address the Julan goes to Red Mountain issues.

But the unable to teleport indoors issue isn't resolved yet though, you can only teleport with Julan when you are outdoors.

And here's another bug that I discovered: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4449
argonvegell

Post by argonvegell »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wqyyg
Here's another bug.
Going down stairs, Julan is sinking into the stairs, but he can climb up stairs.
Darklocq

Post by Darklocq »

That usually means he's levitating, and seems to relate to the bug just above that (in which, among other issues, he wasn't dispelling his levitation).
argonvegell

Post by argonvegell »

found another bug, but this bug didn't exist in other versions of OpenMW though.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60esq4

in this bug, Julan doesn't attack my attacker, but as you can see, Julan attempts to attack, but something stops him from completing the action.
NatalieN

Post by NatalieN »

This may be something else... Is Bugfix #3254 too aggressive in determining what an unintended target is? Can you reproduce on any enemy? With other companions?
argonvegell

Post by argonvegell »

Hey Natalie, long time no see!

Yes, it is reproducible on any enemy. Unfortunately, I am unable to test out other companions due to the companions not being playable on OpenMW.
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

argonvegell wrote: 17 Sep 2017, 10:17Unfortunately, I am unable to test out other companions due to the companions not being playable on OpenMW.
That's not really true - see the Companions section of the wiki page. Many have problems, and the problems are steadily being fixed, but there are some which currently work with no apparent problems - e.g. Indiana James which I'm currently using.

I've not used Julan recently, but he's probably due for a test sometime soon. There is a combat-related problem with some of Emma's recent companions - not sure if it's the same as the one reported for Julan. And I've seen strange teleport-related behaviour, specifically hovering too high or too low, and failure to stop levitating when player does, with other companions of similar vintage - e.g. Laura. Haven't seen failure to teleport indoors, what teleport mod are you using?

Loriel
argonvegell

Post by argonvegell »

The teleporting problem with Julan is that he cannot teleport indoors to outdoors, like casting Divine Intervention indoors, Julan doesn't follow you out and I'm unable to call him using his ring, but if I cast recall or divine outdoors, Julan teleports with me.

Not using any teleporting mods.
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

As CD Cooley is mentioned in the credits, I suspect it might be the same problem that hits his Companion Teleportation - see the thread at viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4390

I will try to confirm that, and propose a similar workaround, or identify the cause if it's something different.

Unfortunately we've not yet identified the problems/differences for position and setpos sufficiently for a proper fix - see bug report #3109 at https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3109 which seems to have originated from Julan

Loriel