Sixth House Mod

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
kuyondo

Re: Sixth House Mod

Post by kuyondo »

akortunov wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 15:02 but search via text identifier is a quite slow for now, so generally you should avoid to run a large batch of "text_id"->DoSomething commands in every frame.
i think because of this, the script has time to re-run(?), and this causes massive commands piling up, which leads to the lag.
akortunov

Post by akortunov »

i think because of this, the script has time to re-run(?)
No, it seems StopScript command do not work as the mod author supposed (looks like StopScript can not stop a script, attached to object).
Why just do not call this script once in the dialogue (without additional checks)? This is how such scripts usually handled in Morrowind.
Seldalore

Post by Seldalore »

Thank you very much for the fix, kuyondo. :) Everything seems to be working properly, now.
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

akortunov wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 16:30 No, it seems StopScript command do not work as the mod author supposed (looks like StopScript can not stop a script, attached to object).
Why just do not call this script once in the dialogue (without additional checks)? This is how such scripts usually handled in Morrowind.
Youre right. I should have have started the script from dialogue. I also remove the script from the 2 objects. Probably thats causing the problem. I reupdated the file to your way, its simpler. Hopefully, there aren't any side effects.

New updated file->https://ufile.io/p3zxf
Seldalore

Post by Seldalore »

I'm using your fix, but I couldn't help but notice that Dark Elf Dreamers and Ash Slaves still attack me. I wonder if something was cancelled out in the script? Ash Vampires and Ash Ghouls don't seem to attack though, at least, not the named ones as far as I know.

Never mind, generic Ascended Sleepers, Ash Ghouls, and Ash Zombies, still attack me. Corprus Stalkers aren't hostile though.

I wanted to add that the quest to build the stronghold for the Sixth House also appears to not work. I've waited about 15 in-game days, and no quest update.
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

Seldalore wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 07:00 I'm using your fix, but I couldn't help but notice that Dark Elf Dreamers and Ash Slaves still attack me. I wonder if something was cancelled out in the script? Ash Vampires and Ash Ghouls don't seem to attack though, at least, not the named ones as far as I know.

Never mind, generic Ascended Sleepers, Ash Ghouls, and Ash Zombies, still attack me. Corprus Stalkers aren't hostile though.

I wanted to add that the quest to build the stronghold for the Sixth House also appears to not work. I've waited about 15 in-game days, and no quest update.
Unfortunately, like akortunov said here, one of the functions not yet implemented in OpenMW, is being used in the mod. Currently being assessed here->https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2798
That is, the command "ash_slave"->setfight 50 , will only work on the first found Ash Slave. That's why other ash slaves you encounter are hostile.
Vanilla Morrowind seem to apply the command to ALL ash slaves in the game.

So any generic sixth house NPCs you encounter will still be hostile, only unique NPCs will be friendly.
The solution for now, just kill or avoid the generic sixth house NPCs.

I will look on the quest to build the stronghold, when i have the time.
Seldalore

Post by Seldalore »

kuyondo wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 08:19
Seldalore wrote: 10 Sep 2017, 07:00 I'm using your fix, but I couldn't help but notice that Dark Elf Dreamers and Ash Slaves still attack me. I wonder if something was cancelled out in the script? Ash Vampires and Ash Ghouls don't seem to attack though, at least, not the named ones as far as I know.

Unfortunately, like akortunov said here, one of the functions not yet implemented in OpenMW, is being used in the mod. Currently being assessed here->https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2798
That is, the command "ash_slave"->setfight 50 , will only work on the first found Ash Slave. That's why other ash slaves you encounter are hostile.
Vanilla Morrowind seem to apply the command to ALL ash slaves in the game.

So any generic sixth house NPCs you encounter will still be hostile, only unique NPCs will be friendly.
The solution for now, just kill or avoid the generic sixth house NPCs.

I will look on the quest to build the stronghold, when i have the time.
Ah, I see. That's perfectly fine, if it were the named Sixth House denizens, it would be a real issue, but these generic patsies being hostile isn't game-breaking, and you've done plenty, already.

I finished the Sixth House faction line, despite not having a stronghold. :) I guess the stronghold isn't mandatory.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

kuyondo wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 21:40 New updated file->https://ufile.io/p3zxf
There's a user on Reddit who would like to download this fix, but would like to have it hosted somewhere that doesn't require a $5 fee to download. Could you please consider hosting it somewhere else?
kuyondo

Post by kuyondo »

i have lost the file and couldnt make a fix for the time.. seldalore, do you still have it?
Seldalore

Post by Seldalore »

Sorry for the delay, here it is. You'll still need the original asset files.
Attachments
Sixth House.7z
(105.96 KiB) Downloaded 247 times