Balmora Stronghold For OpenMW

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
Frik

Balmora Stronghold For OpenMW

Post by Frik »

I wanted to let you all know that I submitted my tweaked version of Balmora Stronghold to the original author Lazz, who included it on his Nexus page. In OpenMW, there were roots floating in mid-air and several other anomalies, which have now been corrected.

The OpenMW version is located under optional files and titled: Balmora Stronghold Open Morrowind Compatible. I've also included it on the OpenMW Wiki House Mods index.

It's my favorite house mod & the perfect place to take a break, as well as store and display all of your loot. :mrgreen:
Thunderforge

Re: Balmora Stronghold For OpenMW

Post by Thunderforge »

Technically it should say "OpenMW compatible", since that's the name of the engine. Nonetheless, it's great to see this! Thanks for fixing the plugin and adding it to the list.
Frik

Post by Frik »

Lazz is the one who created that title. I guess I could contact him and ask him to change it to OpenMW. :?:
hd753xi

Post by hd753xi »

Is the Balmora Stronghold For OpenMW BE compatible?
Frik

Post by Frik »

I'm not sure. I've never used BE. The original mw mod states that the stronghold has been re-positioned slightly to accommodate BE. Why not just load it up and check to see if its position is acceptable. If not, let me know and I can try positioning it to make it compatible with BE (assuming BE itself is compatible with OpenMW).
hd753xi

Post by hd753xi »

I'm only just getting set up. Downloading mods and getting them cleaned and formatted for install. I asked because NexusMods has a separate version for Balmora Stronghold - Balmora Expansion compatible (http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods ... 3069&pUp=1).
Frik

Post by Frik »

Yes. What I'm saying is that according to the documentation, the only difference between the two is that the one for BE has been slightly re-positioned. The one I modified for OpenMW can be easily re-positioned for BE, if needed. Let me know if that's the case and I'll be happy to take a look.
hd753xi

Post by hd753xi »

OK. I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Will test for visual to see how it looks as soon as I'm up and running. Could be a week or so, depending on my schedule. If it needs tweaked, I'll include screen shots if I can figure out how to take them. I'm running natively in Linux this time around, so there's a learning curve going on here.