27-28 May: Forum update

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: 27-28 May: Forum update

Post by lgromanowski »

Thunderforge wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 18:37 I'm finding the pink highlight that appears when you edit a post to be very distracting, as you can see below.

Last Edited Highlight.PNG

Would it be possible to just turn off the pink color and make it be the same as the background? I don't think that a lot of attention needs to be drawn to the fact that a post was edited.
Sorry for a late response I was a bit busy irl - I'll change it at Monday's evening.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

lgromanowski wrote: 09 Jul 2017, 16:14
Thunderforge wrote: 12 Jun 2017, 18:37 I'm finding the pink highlight that appears when you edit a post to be very distracting, as you can see below.

Last Edited Highlight.PNG

Would it be possible to just turn off the pink color and make it be the same as the background? I don't think that a lot of attention needs to be drawn to the fact that a post was edited.
Sorry for a late response I was a bit busy irl - I'll change it at Monday's evening.
I've removed "edit notification" background colour, so it shouldn't be distracting now
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

lgromanowski wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 21:22 I've removed "edit notification" background colour, so it shouldn't be distracting now
Hmm, I still see the pink background, even after cleaning caches. Does it take time to apply or something?
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Thunderforge wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 21:43
lgromanowski wrote: 10 Jul 2017, 21:22 I've removed "edit notification" background colour, so it shouldn't be distracting now
Hmm, I still see the pink background, even after cleaning caches. Does it take time to apply or something?
It could be CDN cache. Could you please try with different browser?
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Was on iOS Safari, changed to macOS Safari and the pink is gone. Thanks!
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

@lgro: *cough* Wiki theme. *cough*
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Atahualpa wrote: 17 Jul 2017, 15:20 @lgro: *cough* Wiki theme. *cough*
I remeber about it but unfortunatellly it will not be done in near future (my free time is very limited this days).
Mediawiki themes right now are much more complex than in previous versions (they are harder to write than phpbb or redmine ones).
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Never mind, lgro. :) I was just shocked when I opened the wiki for the first time after setting up my new PC. Quickly installing Stylish for Firefox and adding the theme solved that issue for me.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

lgromanowski wrote: 17 Jul 2017, 15:25
Atahualpa wrote: 17 Jul 2017, 15:20 @lgro: *cough* Wiki theme. *cough*
I remeber about it but unfortunatellly it will not be done in near future (my free time is very limited this days).
Mediawiki themes right now are much more complex than in previous versions (they are harder to write than phpbb or redmine ones).
Perhaps you could consider giving another person the same rights you have for the Wiki page? Darkloq has been making a lot of improvements to the wiki, like adding templates, and has experiencing with themes. I thought i he would be more than willing to help with this, if they had the ability to do so.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

I prefer to receive template for a review before uploading it to server (MW templates are mostly php code).