How do I create a new book with new content?

Questions specific to OpenMW-CS can be asked, and content development related topics can be discussed here
Thunderforge

How do I create a new book with new content?

Post by Thunderforge »

I would like to add a new book to a mod; one that has new content. I can see that I can add a book object, but I can't find any way to add new book content. Is there a way that I can do this?
DestinedToDie

Re: How do I create a new book with new content?

Post by DestinedToDie »

http://i.imgur.com/OszaStj.png

You might need to use a newer version of OpenMW.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Yep, that's the problem; I'm using 0.41.0 since that is the latest stable version, and that lacks the option to edit the contents of a book. I was hoping to stick with stable releases, but I guess I'll have to try a nightly if I want to be able to edit a book.
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

Thunderforge wrote: 22 Jun 2017, 14:34 Yep, that's the problem; I'm using 0.41.0 since that is the latest stable version, and that lacks the option to edit the contents of a book. I was hoping to stick with stable releases, but I guess I'll have to try a nightly if I want to be able to edit a book.
0.42 RC1 might be a suitable compromise - I've been using it for a while and have seen no problems. Haven't used the CS much so I can't comment on book editing in it.
Download details at viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4058&start=93

Loriel
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Thanks, I'll check that out.
SatoriLotus

Post by SatoriLotus »

Sorry to piggyback, but:

Is there any way to add pages with pictures?
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

This link seems to talk about how this works in morrowind, should work the same in OpenMW --> https://calezane.home.xs4all.nl/mw/morromod.htm#tech11

ST
Grilly

Post by Grilly »

HOW TO ADD A BOOK

Step one: Copy a book that already exists in the game. Doing this will make sure that it has both a world texture and an inventory texture. You can change these later if you want.
NB: MAKE SURE YOU RENAME THE CLONE!!

Step two: Select your new book and choose EDIT. From here you can edit all the text in the book.
HOWEVER: It would be a bad idea to actually change anything yet until you know what you are doing. It is also a bad idea to type your new text directly into the text edit window.

Step three: USE Libreoffice to make the text you want. Export that text as HTML. Use Gedit to open the html file. Copy that text and paste it into the text edit window for your book.
ALTERNATIVELY: you can use Blogger to make your text and use the tab to change it to html and just copy and paste from there.

As for adding images, as long as the game has access to the image and the correct HTML is put into the book to tell the book where to find the image and how to display the image, Openmw will display it all just fine in game.