Map Options

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Xenuria

Map Options

Post by Xenuria »

There are some suggestions that I have for the world map.They are listed below.
  • I would like an option that lets me put in a command and cause the entire world map to fill as though it was explored.
  • An option to selectively hide and/or un-complete discovered areas.
  • The ability to show metrics for how often a location has been visited.
  • The ability to export the entire map to a single image so people can show their completion/progress.
toasty333

Re: Map Options

Post by toasty333 »

The first thing is something I've wanted since I started playing the game.
halbe

Post by halbe »

I have a very strange request which is a way to disable the map centering on the player when you load a game. If you move the map around once in the game it won't recenter when you open your menu again, but the position isn't saved. The reason why I would want such a strange feature is that i enjoy getting lost and having to triangulate my position from landmarks and the magic GPS map just feels like cheating to me.
jmelesky

Post by jmelesky »

halbe wrote:The reason why I would want such a strange feature is that i enjoy getting lost and having to triangulate my position from landmarks and the magic GPS map just feels like cheating to me.
Out of curiosity, would it work for you to close the map window? Or to simply always have it in local view?
halbe

Post by halbe »

jmelesky wrote:
halbe wrote:The reason why I would want such a strange feature is that i enjoy getting lost and having to triangulate my position from landmarks and the magic GPS map just feels like cheating to me.
Out of curiosity, would it work for you to close the map window? Or to simply always have it in local view?
Yeah either of those would be fine. I'd want some kind of in game paper map though (or multiple like Gothic), it just wouldn't give you any information that a simple paper map wouldn't be able to give you.
ezze

Post by ezze »

I think you can almost get what you need with a simple trick. Create an empty texture file and replace the triangle texture.

I played like that for a while, the map is still very precise, but without the arrow it does not look like a GPS anymore.
Xenuria

Post by Xenuria »

ezze wrote:I think you can almost get what you need with a simple trick. Create an empty texture file and replace the triangle texture.

I played like that for a while, the map is still very precise, but without the arrow it does not look like a GPS anymore.
I don't understand.
halbe

Post by halbe »

ezze wrote:I think you can almost get what you need with a simple trick. Create an empty texture file and replace the triangle texture.

I tried this but the problem is that you can still figure out which direction you're facing by seeing which direction the map moves in when you do. If you're looking forward and moving forward and the minimap is moving to the left then you know that you are traveling east.
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

You could just open up the console and type:

DisableMapMenu
Ignis

Post by Ignis »

DestinedToDie wrote:You could just open up the console and type:

DisableMapMenu
There is no such command:

So, I request these functions too :D