ESO: Morrowind

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
Ravenwing

ESO: Morrowind

Post by Ravenwing »

So uhhh... Thoughts?

http://kotaku.com/the-elder-scrolls-onl ... 1791834134

I don't like MMOs so I haven't played ESO yet, but this would be a good reason. Obviously not going to be the same, but it would be fun to revisit the environment with a totally fresh storyline.
DestinedToDie

Re: ESO: Morrowind

Post by DestinedToDie »

If it were free, I'd give it a go.

I heard Seyda Neen was a thing. Except at that time period Seyda Neen is not supposed to exist. If you look at Morrowind Almalexia temple and ESO Almalexia temple, they look like they have completely different architecture. Made by different people with different ideas about the game.
Biboran

Post by Biboran »

THIS FACES.
http://i.imgur.com/5sjdxfr.jpg
And they say tes3 faces are bad :D
And actually, I not like new lore from ts4 and tes5, but forgive for that words - ESO maybe is not bad mmo but as TES, for me it 0/10. Broken lore, boring gameplay, engine from that star wars TOR mmo...
Sslaxx

Post by Sslaxx »

Apparently they used the original Morrowind heightmap for this game. Not entirely sure I believe that.

Still, could be interesting to see what comes of this.
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

The problem I have with it is this:

Morrowind is a game I've played so long that I don't play it because it has an exotic setting and unfamiliar characters. I'm probably more familiar with Morrowind's setting than I am with my own neighborhood.

It's just a darn good game. It doesn't matter that I can predict what half the NPCs will say when I walk up, because it feels right, it has a challenge, and I expect to watch a character become strong.

The Elder Scrolls Online, while not horrid, is not satisfying in the same way. It feels bland, and I never really got the feeling of having any agency. Morrowind changes when I do stuff. The Elder Scrolls Online? The same every day.

Admittedly, I didn't play very much ESO before I stopped, so I could just be missing out on a very good late game, but it was painful to get to the point where I felt I could do anything (and level scaling scares me).
raevol

Post by raevol »

More screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/oSBiP
DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Looks a bit like Skywind.
werdanith

Post by werdanith »

DestinedToDie

Post by DestinedToDie »

Now that's awesome.
augustt

Post by augustt »

Do these people really think I'm going to let them use my Morrowind nostalgia to pull me into their microtransaction ecosystem???

So uh are preorders up yet or what.