OpenMW 0.41.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
scrawl

Re: OpenMW 0.41.0

Post by scrawl »

Do you guys think it's time for a release soon? 0.40 was two months ago; since then, we have closed 65 items for 0.41, including some neat features, mostly thanks to developers MiroslavR and Allofich. Enough material for a release, I think.

Unfortunately, it's been almost two weeks since Zini last visited the forum after his ominous note of being busy with a certain RL-related thing. If he doesn't come back soon, I think we should take the release into our own hands.

Edit: just noticed that apparently we already agreed to a release date in mid-december; in that case, we need to get started very soon, since the RC phase usually takes a few weeks to build, test, fix, build again, prepare changelogs, record videos, and other organizational stuff.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Sorry I have kind of vanished around here since I made all that noise about our release process. I've been a little busy, but I have still been here reading, just haven't been able to follow up on some of the messes I started as much as I would have liked.

Suffice to say, I am here and checking in for the release. It may be a bit rocky this time as a result of some of the changes we made to the release process since last time, but I am here to tackle it. I am on board with starting getting things moving for the release, but let me know your thoughts scrawl/psi29a.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Like scrawl said, it's a good idea to start the release process now. As the work on the FAQ videos proceeds a bit slower than expected (RL is a bitch, and blender sometimes too), I'd prefer to delay the release videos as much as possible, i.e., there could be a delay between the final release builds being ready and the video production having finished. (Which is not that much of a problem, right?)
Zini

Post by Zini »

Yeah, busy. RL and stuff. Anyway, we should stick to the plan. I'll kick off the RC process next week.
raevol

Post by raevol »

I think with winter and the holidays hitting most of us, things are going to move slowly. Let's handle it as best we can, can't ask for more than that! We can do it! :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

The release branch has been created. Please start building the RC packages.

This is the formal handover point to the release manager. Good Luck, raevol!
corristo

Post by corristo »

Can we still put https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3566 into the scope of the release? It's quite important for Mac users. PR is ready.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Can we still put https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3566 into the scope of the release?
Yes, I think this one's essential if we want at all functioning OS X builds. Looks good, I merged your PR to master and release branch.
raevol

Post by raevol »

*tightens belt* Here we go!

Zini is the changelog ready for me?
lysol

Post by lysol »

raevol wrote:*turns hat around* Here we go!
Fixed it for you.